Why is Gelish Facebook group so secretive?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has your educator got a gelish support page? I ask because mine has... or ask her if she can point you in the right direction
I email her to ask if she can point me to a Gelish Facebook support group let’s se if she still remembers me

Last edited:
This leaves out other people who have trained in other systems or at least who have gained an NVQ/NOS level 2 Nail Technology qualification which is pretty unfair IMO to those who have opted using the Gelish system.
It’s very true some people trained in college so they don’t use a specific brand.I’m in some other brand groups and they are quite good . 2 groups let me in with other brand cert but I just cannot post or ask stuff from my brands as they can’t help me but I like to get inspired by their work and also some of their tips I find then helpful. Of course the brand group is more helpful special with problems with colours or products.

Last edited:
Those are exactly my thoughts too - if something isn't broken, why fix it? Hypothetically, what if they come up with a future product like "Unigel" (The antonym of poly by the way) which has different properties and requires a different training method? It means that those who have paid for the polygel training would lose out completely. IMO, I don't think it is a "future proof" product and there will be others on the market that will be cheaper and/or better.

What I don't understand is why polygel is sold in sally beauty stores and any nail technician can buy it although they are not insured for business use. It doesn't make any sense to me.

I know of ACG and they have released their "polygel" version which is soak off.

I’ve never been asked to provide evidence of insurance for any trade accounts

I tell you I was so embarrassed I applied 3 thin coats.
I was able to fix the shrinking on the free edge but not sidewalls and cuticule.

I've had this same thing happen to me [emoji85] I was also very embarrassed

I've had this same thing happen to me [emoji85] I was also very embarrassed
Yes is hard when we think we could have done better. But the color just kept shrinking.

Yes is hard when we think we could have done better. But the color just kept shrinking.

Exactly and especially when it happens with a client I was so embarrassed i had to remove the gel 3 times on 2 different nails.

Hello everyone. I have Cnd training and converted last year to Gelish so I could provide both brands as I liked both and both offer different colours. I like Gelish for their brights and shimmery shades and Cnd for their classic shades. I did the conversion as Gelish and shellac is a bit different aplication and some people find Gelish lasts longer so I decided to converte and offer both.

Cnd shellac professionals group is great and people really help you when you have questions. I love the group. Gelish on the other hand I can’t find support group were people share Manicures for ideas and advice. So I contacted nail harmony page and they asked me when and who I trained with as it is required to join their group I guess. I reply and 15 h later nothing. I msg then again to ask if they could give the group name so I can join in. Nothing. I mean is it that hard for them to give me the link of the group so I can find it and request to join in.

I only use Facebook for professional advice and nails ideas if I need. Cnd asks for screenshot of certificate To join and that’s it. Gelish I don’t even can do that has I can’t find the group on Facebook search. it just takes me to different country Gelish pages. so I asked nail harmony for the link and nothing. Don’t understand why.

I have shrinkage with one of the colours and wanted to join their group to ask for advice and also get inspiration for work. With other Gelish colours I don’t have this shrinkage problem so I don’t think is my prep. I Can’t ask advice as they don’t give me The group name or link. So I guess if I have problems with Gelish I’m on my own. I don’t really want to email my educator everytime I need advice from Gelish I do follow my Gelish educator for inspiration but I wanted to see work from other Gelish professionals and ask for advice if needed in a group as different people different experience. If I need to contact my educator for advice Probably she don’t even know who I am has she has so many students and if everyone contacts her everytime they need advice about a colour I think she would be answering emails all day.

Dont know if this is me but i’m very Disappointed. Is it normal to wait longer than15h for reply?. Maybe I’m used to Cnd support that I get my answer within a hour sometimes 30m from the group professionals and even sometimes from the educators themselves. Makes me wonder if I want to keep offering a product If even with their certificate the group is so secretive? I’m not very good with technology I really can’t find the professional group and I really need help with the colour. Just used it today again same thing happen just want to bin it. But Gelish is too expensive to just bin a colour.

Your educator should add you to the group once you have started/completed your training with Nail Harmony. You could ask Jason or Georgie Smedley on their facebook pages to add you to the group. Jan Soar is head of training so an email to her should also get you added to the group straight away

Your educator should add you to the group once you have started/completed your training with Nail Harmony. You could ask Jason or Georgie Smedley on their facebook pages to add you to the group. Jan Soar is head of training so an email to her should also get you added to the group straight away
My educator just gave me her Facebook and social media to follow at the end of training.I already contacted her. Still waiting for reply hopefully she adds me to the group soon.

Last edited:
My educator just gave me her Facebook and social media to follow at the end of training.I already contacted her she just asked if I was following her on fb I said yes but wanted to join the Gelish group too. Still waiting for reply hopefully she adds me to the group soon.

Are you now a member of the group?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back