Why is it taking me so long???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acwhiteh

Reaction score
I did a friend of a friend's nails last night - the ones she had on needing soaking off and a full new set put on. I put her a full set of acrylic on - white tips - no nail art and it took me nearly 3 hours once I'd finished - why's it taking me that long - if I put a full set on myself it doesn't even take an hour - please help - any advice!!!!

:cry: :mad: :irked:

hi there and welcome
Don,t be too hard on yourself.just soaking off a set off nails takes time in itself,And to apply a french set also takes time.Three hours is pretty good considering you had to soak off.It usually takes me approx 2 hours to do a french full set,so dont be upset with yourself.just remeber the more you do the faster you will get.It does take time,but remener we are artists not production lines
take care
Anne

How long have you been trained? Can you fil in your profile so we can get to know you alittle better! If you are still fairly new then 3 hours including soaking off is about average, so i wouldnt worry. Speed isnt important initally, you will get faster as you get more experienced. Concernatrate on doing fab nails, the speed will come.:)

Hi there - thanx for your replies. I thought 3 hours was a long time to complete what I did but I guess its not that bad!! Am doing another set tonight but thankfully this client has no nail enhancements on so I have a blank canvas!!!!

Clare

hiya babe it takes me 2 hours hours to do a full set.so you did well for soaking off aswell

Thank you - am feeling quite as bad as I did last nite - didn't exactly help that her nails were about an inch and a half long from the nail bed - hadn't had a new set on for 3 months - they were like concrete!!!!

Clarexxx

they were like concrete!!!!
what product did she have on her nails? did you time how long the soak off took?
you'll probably find that the soak off took longer than you had planned.

don't worry about it so much, it's better to have a set of enhancements that take longer due to correct prep and application than a set that takes less time but which don't last and look below standard.

Thank you - she had acrylic with white tips on but her own nails were the same length as the tips and just as thick as the acrylic!!!! She just keep on having acrlyic put over the same nails/tips with the previous technician - she'd had them on for three months so they were awful.

Clare

dont be so hard on yourself. I've got to the point when sometimes it takes as long as it takes, soaking off depends on the thickness, then you have to clear your table and start a new set.
If you dont like the thought of having the same person at your table for that long have her soaking while you do another client or ask her to soak the nails off return another day for the full set.

Hi I'd just like to tell everyone how much better I'm feeling today after doing another set of nails last night. I did a full set (luckily there wasn't any to soak off) for a woman who is renewing her wedding vows today in a big church do!!! It took me one and half hours and I was well chuffed - don't feel that bad about taking so long the night before now!!!

Clare

Latest posts

Back