Why is my Crazy Colour hair dye not working?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolly12345

Reaction score
So I tried colouring my hair with the colours candyfloss and lavender and they completely disappeared when I washed it out. I’m so gutted because I was certain it was going to work seeing as I have naturally blonde hair. Now I am left with one purple-y pastel blue in my hair and a few pinky ginger stripes and it’s hasnt worked . I look like someone’s dribbled there unicorn drink down my face.
All I used was a normal shampoo and a bit of conditioner and it was gone in seconds.
Why has this happened?!?!!?

The pastel crazy colours won’t do much on natural blonde hair, especially if it’s in fairly good condition. You’d need your hair bleaching to very pale yellow and toning before applying a direct dye. Although some brands are much longer lasting.
If you only want a temporary fix, try using hair chalks instead. Rub them into slightly damp hair and seal with straighteners.
Otherwise, find a hairdresser who has experience of doing unicorn hair and they should be able to sort you out.

They are only temporary colours. I have candyfloss on my hair but I started out with white blonde hair. The first time I did it it completely washed out in one wash. I quite like that though x

Latest posts

Back