why is spray tan so popular?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CadenceAlex

Reaction score
just curious

i have never had it done and don't think i ever would... after reading about so many complications...

but i would like to know why people like it so much... and the price of it!

thanks!

CadenceAlex said:
just curious

i have never had it done and don't think i ever would... after reading about so many complications...

thanks!

personally i dont think there are any problems with spray tans if it is done correctly. the reason why they are so popular because you get a tan overnight and no risk of sun burn or skin damage!

CadenceAlex said:
just curious

thanks!
they are quick, in some cases intstant, with minimum problems, no rubbing cream over peoples bums & boobies etc like manual application lol, very even, cheaper than manual in most cases, totally fab lol xx

I think in most cases its the quick result, doesn't take long to apply and develop and as said if applied well you achieve a fab natural tan without spending hours in the sun or on a sunbed which some people haven't got time to do in our busy world!
Also the uv free tanning can be a big part of it. No skin damage etc.
If you were closer I'd give you a free go and try and convert you! LOL

Being Australian the sun can be quite harsh and damaging.
We don't have very many sun beds over here cause i guess what would be the point?? We can stand outside hanging out the washing and get the same effect.
Spray Tans are the healthy choice - no damage no melanoma no early aging and thats just the start of it.
I say give it a go you may be suprised however i can understand if u want to wait til after the boys arrive, sometimes it is hard enougfh being naked (ish) at any point in time let alone when there are two little men camping out in your belly:green:

CadenceAlex said:
just curious

thanks!

I,m a sunbed gal myself,but many of my friends have spray tans as there is no risk of cancer (even though they smoke :confused: ).

I have a tanning salon and we do nails too.. and I keep getting lots of requests for spray tanning which I don't want to do. Quite alot of the people who ask about this are very fair and would burn on a sunbed in only 3 minutes... so i can understand type 1 skin people wanting them... but then the whole thing seems like hassle (even getting the tent down I see, on another thread)!!!

There is another sunbed shop up the road doing spray tanning for £15 - how long does the spray tan take?

Personally, I prefer sunbeds and I totally agree with you Becky about smokers wanting spray tan because of the cancer free factor...:lol:

CadenceAlex said:
I have a tanning salon and we do nails too.. and I keep getting lots of requests for spray tanning which I don't want to do. Quite alot of the people who ask about this are very fair and would burn on a sunbed in only 3 minutes... so i can understand type 1 skin people wanting them... but then the whole thing seems like hassle (even getting the tent down I see, on another thread)!!!

There is another sunbed shop up the road doing spray tanning for £15 - how long does the spray tan take?

Personally, I prefer sunbeds and I totally agree with you Becky about smokers wanting spray tan because of the cancer free factor...:lol:

Spray tan takes max 15 mins to do - that to spray and for the client to dry off! so it is a lot more instant that sun beds - and I believe the profit margin is alot more.

Incidently - do you have a sunbed with being pregnant?

CadenceAlex said:

Hi Alex

Why don't you have a demo of a spray tan so you can see for yourself what it is all about and how much hassle they DON'T have to be! You can certainly add a very profitable service to your Tanning and Nail salon and if it is done correctly, you will see the benefits.

Pm me for further info hun!

Kind regards

Mandy

oey said:
personally i dont think there are any problems with spray tans if it is done correctly. the reason why they are so popular because you get a tan overnight and no risk of sun burn or skin damage!
well put!

Yeah, I think it's to do with people being more aware of sun damage and UVA-related ageing. Also, some people don't like the colour of their natural tan (some skins go very pink or dull) or don't go dark enough for their liking, so faking it gives them the colour they desire.

CadenceAlex said:
just curious

thanks!

I have done sunbeds in the past and now have spray tans, if the spray tanning is done well by someone trained and using excellent products the tan looks pretty amazing and its great to apply, very quick and easy and no mess. I would never use a sunbed again because of the damage to the skin (mainly ageing, but I am 33 and don't want any more wrinkles yet!!). I do appreciate it does cost alot more to spray tan, but I don't get it done every week, just every now and then.

From I get my equipment out, put the tan cubicle up, do the client consultation, client changing, doing spray tan, client dressing, cleaning and putting my equipment away ....including folding the cubicle (2 mins at most for this, once you know how) it is about 30 mins and I cannot earn £25 in 30 mins doing anything else...so where is the hassle???? If I have more than one client a day I just leave it all out ready for the next one. I use my kitchen for spray tanning, I have no room in my home salon as I have my nail desk and treatment couch in there. Get a demo hun you wont be disappointed....the Tantrick tan colour I use is great too, with 4 different levels for different skin types.

i spoke to a lady at tantrick... she is sending me some info... but i think i would prefer a booth as opposed to a tent as they look so fiddly and with the recent threads on here... it would annoy the hell out of me :eek:

I ahvent had any problems once i got used to a particular way of spraying. As to why, i am one of these pale interesting looking people that hates to sunbathe but looks a hell of a lot better witha tan, it makes me look better and so makes me feel better.

tents are no idly if you train it properly from the start, give it a shove and a kick and twiddle viola up or down

Well I still only do mobile spray tanning at the mo (while training for nails) But to be honest I'm in and out of peoples homes with in 30 mins top wack and that is with the chit chat that goes with it. Most of the time is spent chatting (love the gossip).
But I was saying to a regular the other day (she gets sprayed every two weeks) that to get the instant tan from a sunbed you would still have to pay a similar price as a spray tan because the sunbed tan develops over time. Also the up keep of a sunbed tan is still 2-3 times a week.
I use to go out and sit in the sun until I started spraying. I don't bother anymore because I can have a two week holiday look from a spray and not risk wrinkles and waste time sitting doing nothing.
I also find that most of my clients have sprays because they are now more aware of wrinkles and the sun damages.

CadenceAlex said:
i spoke to a lady at tantrick... she is sending me some info... but i think i would prefer a booth as opposed to a tent as they look so fiddly and with the recent threads on here... it would annoy the hell out of me :eek:

Hi

There is no props with putting the tent up and down, if you get the proper one from spray tan cubicle, they fold good and come with instructions to help you to start.

Latest posts

Back