Why isn't there a polish remover from CND??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denmark

Reaction score
Hallo

I have had a lot of customers that have been asking for a polish remover from CND, i use Scrub Fresh in the salon but due not retail the scrub fresh to my clients, so does anyone know why the don´t produce a polish remover to retail??

Charlotte

Scrubfresh is very expensive to be used as a polish remover. I would use product remover for removing varnish as it is buffered acetone.

Scrubfresh is basically 50% acetone, 50% alcohol.
You'd be better off finding a remover from elsewhere.

I this moment i am selling Backscratcher polish remover to my clients in my salon, i was just wundering why the don´t produce a polish remover, when the produce every thing to the nails.....

And you are right, scrub fresh is expencive to use, but the product remover here in Denmark is very expensive to buy, so i have change to use the Mundo nail Plate Cleanser in the salon, when i ran out of Scrub Fresh.

hi,
CND did do a remover i sold it in my salon near the back of the CND book there was a list of retail items 6 pack xx

CND used to do a remover years ago ... the curent remover sold by Sweet Squared is the Designer Nails non acetone remover it is not a CND product.

The reason CND do not still make their remover is basically cost of shipping flammables. It bumps up the price horrendously. In case you are not aware ... NO ONE wants to ship flammables these days so the cost of doing it legally and above board makes the cost of goods more dear.

Those selling flammable products bought illegally from the USA are shipping them illegally too which is why they can offer cheaper prices ... because they are doing something against the law!! Unfortunately it will take a plane crash due to flammables exploding to make anyone take any notice. One day it will happen.

So when you see cheaper products of the same type you are buying you will know and be aware that you are aiding and abetting illegal shipments to save a few measely pennies and line someone elses greedy pocket not to mention putting others lives at risk.

It always makes me wonder at the mentality of those who call distributors who do things the correct and legal way greedy, when it is the ones buying illegal products who are really the greedy ones because they have to make that little bit extra off their clients when we all make a perfectly good mark up on the price we charge using legal products.

That's my little rant over then.

thanx for that it was a long time ago that i had them, its just as cheep in asda so dont get that much call 4 it ,well sayin tha a lady came in the other day for some remover the salon owner came and asked me if i had some (i rent a room) i said sorry not at the mo then i found out she had said t the client SHE woul get her some from wholesalers, ahh i'dont sell hair product !! :mad:

sorry thats my rant, back to polish remover

The reason CND do not still make their remover is basically cost of shipping flammables. It bumps up the price horrendously. .

Aren't monomer, primer, and nail preps all flammable?

Aren't monomer, primer, and nail preps all flammable?

Yes of course they are, but we are speaking about a cheap product that can be manufactured right here in the UK so the cost of importing it from the US makes it non competitive. OPI professional products are not manufactured in the UK ... CND professional products are not manufactured here in the UK ... you can only buy them from the US so we have to buy those in.

When all the legal distributors are importing other flammables that are branded, the price increase is similar for all brands on US prices. So these products compete fairly even at a higher price.

The nail techs here also charge higher prices for their servcices in line with the increased cost of living in their appropriate countries so it is all equal in the end.

But if clients can buy enamel remover for half price because it is manufactured in the UK, they are not going to buy another in the nail salon for double the price.

I knew there would be a logic explanition to it, i also by my polish remover with Insight Cosmetics Group here in Denmark, it is also them who is selling CND, and they also sell Backscratchers too, thank you for clearing that up :)

Latest posts

Back