Why my lash lift didn’t work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collac7

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’m new here and was hoping for some advice on my recent lash lift. So I’m pretty new to anything like lash lifts and extensions. I have super long and thick lashes but they are very straight. I decided a lash lift would be right for me because I was tired of curling my lashes and putting on mascara and them falling down after 10 minutes. I went into a lash place near me that had good reviews and seemed knowledgeable. I was very excited! I didn’t wear makeup for a few days prior or apply anything like cream and oils near my lashes. The woman doing my lashes explained that I needed the smallest sized rod to get the tightest curl. I said OK because I wanted that big dramatic curl on my lashes. She did a deep black tint first and then went ahead with the lift. As she was doing the lift her coworker walked past and said “you should have used the extra large rod” and she didn’t say anything. She let the first application sit for 8 minutes and the second one for 5 minutes. And then she finished and brushed through them. At first my lashes seemed slightly curled but when I looked in the mirror I was pretty disappointed as I was expecting those Instagram lash lifts, especially with the length my natural lashes are. The next morning, my lashes looked the exact same with the exception that the ends are slightly curled. I’m pretty disappointed as I paid over $100. I know I’m not very knowledgeable with lash lifts etc, but if anyone could explain why it didn’t take it would be greatly appreciated. I’m not sure if it’s because my lashes are coarse or if it was something my technician did wrong. Maybe lash extensions would be better for me? Thank you!

There’s probably a number of things that could have improved the lift, however you are asking for technical information for an unknown brand so I don’t think anyone in here will be able to help in this instance i’m afraid

There’s probably a number of things that could have improved the lift, however you are asking for technical information for an unknown brand so I don’t think anyone in here will be able to help in this instance i’m afraid
Hi I’m sorry I forgot to mention- I believe they used the elleebana lift kit!

I’m not really familiar with Elleebana but I have worked with a few lash lifting brands and they all say the coarser the lash the longer you leave the lotions on so perhaps they wasn’t left to work for long enough?
Also I have never heard of tinting before the lift. I’m not sure if this would effect the curl however this isn’t something I have ever seen so it is possible.
Sorry if this doesn’t help you much but I would possibly put it down to the lotions being taken off too quickly

Latest posts

Back