why nylon brushes for gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
..I cant find an answer to this - so could so one please help I need it to complete a college assignment ( i assume it because of the gel clogging up natural bristels?) :o but I think I am wrong

Erm............. I use a flat sable brush for applying gels and have had no problems. :confused:

Jackie
Liberty Nail Design
Dublin

Fab Freak said:
..I cant find an answer to this - so could so one please help I need it to complete a college assignment ( i assume it because of the gel clogging up natural bristels?) :o but I think I am wrong

It is nothing to do with clogging up the bristles of the brush, it is to do with the strength of the hair of the brush. Unless a sable brush is very short, the natural hair is too soft to really work that gel onto the surface of the nailplate for your first layer. Longer bristles would also tend to drag in the gel rather than move it effectively whenr you want to put it.

Not to say that one can't use a sable brush and if that's all you've ever used, no doubt you have perfected a technique with it that works for you ... however most find it easier to use a brush with synthetic hair (cheaper too)!!

Another point is that Sable is great for holding liquid... not really a need for gel ;)

The Nail Geek said:
Another point is that Sable is great for holding liquid... not really a need for gel ;)
Thanks Geeg and The Nail Geek, this is invaluable for my paper.

So what are the brushes with the Brisa kits?

Debs said:
So what are the brushes with the Brisa kits?

Synthetic bristles for the reasons I mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back