Why won't the red shift?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairdresser18

Reaction score
hi guys, i have a client that has been putting colour xxl live red on her hair and wants it brown now, i did a test piece and did a majirel 6,07 and it wont shift i have left it on a little longer aswell it still nothing, is there another just a base shade i can put on that has a stronger green base in it to get rid of the red? i have just wasted money on this colour that doesnt work, so annoyed about that i dont want to be wrong a second time. thanks guys!

Last edited:
hi guys, i have a client that has been putting colour xxl live red on her hair and wants it brown now, i did a test piece and did a 6,07 and it wont shift i have left it on a little longer aswell it still nothing, is there another just a base shade i can put on that has a stronger green base in it to get rid of the red? i have just wasted money on this colour that doesnt work, so annoyed about that i dont want to be wrong a second time. thanks guys!

You'll need to strip it, but I've heard xxl are very stubborn.
As they contain silicones, it creates a barrier against the tint you put on top, even when stripped...maybe look at affinage erasor or blonde Rae, maybe bleach bath a test strand and see how that goes.

I'm not a hairdresser but dyed my hair with an xxl live red colour, previously had bleach blonde hair and it took two hair strippers and two bleach baths to get it back to blonde but my hair was really dry after , hth.

I stripped out mine with affinage, the goldwell remover didn't touch it.

I had to strip my friends hair first then used the wella petrol green mixer tone with 10vol and water to just neutralise rest of red then went over with a 5/4 all over had to be quite dark as to cover and did the trick hth x

some one at college had this on her hair they tried stripper on a strand piece did not work tried bleach it lifted but did not get rid of the tone

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Im not a hair geek but I've used live colour xxl in the cosmic purple and I wish I never did! As a pp said it contains alot of silicones that when exposed to temperatures above 200 degrees melts into the hair itself and nothing will remove it. Bleach, stripping nothing will be able to remove it from the hair. It needs to grow out.

I'm managing to cover mine with a 415 ATM but its washing out quite quick even though I'm using permanent. I'm just having to wait till it grows out. Wish I could just cut it all out but I don't suit short hair lol.

Latest posts

Back