Why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Hi guys a little troubled again the last two sets of nails ive done, ive done all my procedure application etc done the mtw for the smile lines applied gel over the top and then used a top coat over that all nice and dry etc and away they go, however after a while they start to look a little dirty on the top of the white? has anyone else had this problem or is it just me? sorry if it doesnt make sense! x

ot really sure and i bet someone can tell you better than me, but it might be the fact the gel isn't quite cured enough and remains alittle soft?? Then it means dirt could stick to it perhaps??? Just a thought as not really in to the gels as you know Kells but its like with nail varnish it can be dry but not hard if you know what i mean.

Probably completely wrong.:o

Thanks hun, but not sure if its the gel because i put a top coat straight over the cured gel, my friend who i did the nails on last nite said she will try and clean them gently with a brush tonight but its really frustrating as its doen it to mine as well ive never had this problem before x

Kells if you dont get an answer on this thread send a PM to Geeg coz she knows all there is to know about MTW and is bound to know the answer.

Kellyc said:
Thanks hun, but not sure if its the gel because i put a top coat straight over the cured gel, my friend who i did the nails on last nite said she will try and clean them gently with a brush tonight but its really frustrating as its doen it to mine as well ive never had this problem before x

Hi Kelly,

I don't understand why you have used a topcoat - as in a varnish topcoat?

If you tell us the products you are using and the procedure you are following then maybe we can help a bit more.

Hi Kelly,

I probably won't be a big help here but the only thought that I have (I know nothing about gel) is that perhaps you are not leaving the MTW long enough to dry properly between each coat. Perhaps search previous threads on MTW.

Did you wipe off the dispersion layer before applying top coat?
I`m intrigued as to why you`d apply topcoat anyway, gel is shiny enough and doesn`t need anything over the top.

I use a uv top coat over the top of my gel normally because i always have some kind of decal on my nails so i use this to keep it on, i did my nails yesterday and have not applied a top coat and will see if there is any difference but i have always used a top coat previous and never had any probs but using the top coat is just the way i have always done it x

Have you changed the top coat you used to another brand?

I have found that a few of the UV protecting topcoats do go a bit tacky after a couple of days but I dont want to not use them as they make any colours from the nail art really bright - to combat this I always put on a fast drying top coat over the UV one.

Hi Fiona no, i have always used the same uv top coat and never had a problem with that its only the last few sets that ive done with the mtw and then the gel system and top coat i seem to have had a problem x

Kellyc said:
Hi Fiona no, i have always used the same uv top coat and never had a problem with that its only the last few sets that ive done with the mtw and then the gel system and top coat i seem to have had a problem x
is she using sun protection cream, a client of mine is finding that this is causing her top coat to go tacky and collect dirt. :confused:

Hi not that im aware of and it also happened to mine and i havent used any sun cream or anything like that x

Latest posts

Back