Wigs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stylist1

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a lovely lady who has a fairly rare form of alopecia. It causes hair to recede rather than fall out in patches.
She is VERY conscious of this, and it is getting worse, her hair is actually thinning overall as well.
She is on medication but it will never grow back so i suggested to her today to buy a wig.
She is very keen on the idea but would only want a real hair one that is very natural looking, does anybody know anything about where she can get one from? Or any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Why not try a full lace wig they are very natural looking and are fantastic.

Oh ok cool, where would i look for one of those?

Search for trendco they have a huge range of wigs .

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Annabelle's wigs are amazing x

My friend used to buy hers from a Californian company selling on eBay when she lost hers, I used a few for nights out and they where absolutely fab!! Looked so natural.
She had all different from them, different styles, real hair, synthetic (so natural looking) and mixed.
I will try and find out the name and get back to you.

My friend learnt very quick to use An extension comb or brush on hers though and hang on a door to dry after washing or a wig stand to get the best results, also buy a wig cap! My friend didn't and although her hair has grown back she still has slight wig damage on the ends because she went cap less!

Jenny hair sense x

I used to deal with the suppliers direct in china, I am away at present but can forward the email address if you when I get home

There is a very highly respected Geek called Persianista on here, who I believe is qualified in Wigmaking and has great knowledge of this. Perhaps wait for her to view this thread? Or send her a PM?

I can't help at all I'm afraid, but hope that your lady finds a satisfactory outcome to her problem. :)

Banbury postiche make wigs out of real hair ,but I believe they cost £1000+ . They also have a retail site I think its called simply wigs , but acrylic wigs are fantastic as they dont need styling and a real wig would .

If the lady simply has some hair loss, I would send her to Lucinda Ellery who is the expert in disguising hair loss.

For wigs, I normally send people to Joseph's in Surrey, near the marsden hospital. Their wigs are very good, and come in a variety of price ranges.

Latest posts

Back