Will a Make Up Primer Help Me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jess124

Reaction score
This is a request for help from all you skin and make up geeks!!

I used to get spots and a lot of blackheads no matter what make up I used. I finally realised if I stopped wearing foundation completely the spots went, all I use now is a little waterproof concealer and I hardly ever get any spots which is great....

But I have found as i'm getting a bit older my skin isn't looking that great some days and I would like to be able to use foundation to cover this without fear of spot breakouts. I was wondering if a make up primer would help? Would this form a barrier between my skin and the foundation maybe? If not, could anyone recommend a foundation that is particually suitable for oily spot prone skin? Sound a right babe now dont I :cry::lol:

Thanks skin geeks xxx

Jess x

I would go for mineral make-up.

Yes mineral makeup is your best bet, as it will not irritate or encourage bacteria.

I use and retail Jane Iredale they have a fantastic primer which works wonders on my lines and my open pores, then I use the loose powder for a flawless finish.

hth's

I've bought a few samples of mineral make up as I heard they would help, but to no avail!! They bring me out in spots too :rolleyes: But I must admit they wern't probabily the best quality ones on the market.

I don't mind spending a decent amount of money on a foundation that will leave me spot free though, it just seems to be finding it thats the problem!

How many applications does it take for you to react with breakouts?

If it is only one then I would suggest being colour matched in a salon for Jane Iredale and wearing the make up for that day to establish if you will breakout. To be honest I would doubt that you would experience problems with JI because it is such high quality, but everyone is different.

hth's:hug:

I agree with Angela, try Jane Iredale !

I have oily, spot prone skin and use the purepressed base, I was a bit dubious when the rep first came as I have always used liquid or fairly thick powder foundations to mask all my imperfections so thought the powder might be a bit to light but it is perfect for my skin.

If you really want a liquid the I would reccommend the Clarins liquid foundation for oily skin (think its called hydra matte, but haven't used it for a over a year so can't be sure) although its not mineral it was the best liquid foundation Ive used for oily skin as it gives fantastic coverage, controls oil ALL day and I got less spots.

How many applications does it take for you to react with breakouts?

If it is only one then I would suggest being colour matched in a salon for Jane Iredale and wearing the make up for that day to establish if you will breakout. To be honest I would doubt that you would experience problems with JI because it is such high quality, but everyone is different.

It usually takes about 2-3 days for the spots to start.

Would I have to find a stockist near me then? I'll see if I can find any local salons that retail it and give it a try.

Thanks x

To get a perfect colour match instead of buying blind try and find a stockist near you for ease for yourself.

If you are having difficulty I will get you the distributor tel no who will be able to give you details of a stockist near you

A good compact foundation I have found is Avene Couvrance, I am on my second one and its great for covering blemishes and comes in lots of different shades. Avene Skin Care online

Latest posts

Back