Will Covid stop me in my tracks?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there
It is a dilemma for you but when you really think about it what’s a few months to fulfill your dream. March would probably be a better time to open.
Did you mean you are working in a salon at the moment? If so try to keep clients loyal to you so they come with you.
I had a salon for many years and loved it but sometimes it was tough. I am now home based and love it even more as I have very low overheads.
My advise would be to wait for the right time, try to have a good number of clients to take with you and keep your overheads LOW 🤪 Best of luck.
Yes I’m Head of the Beauty in a medium sized salon and have been lucky to have my columns full at the moment. I know a few clients would follow me and I feel there would be a more but it’s never a guarantee I understand this. I agree March isn’t too far away in the grand scheme of thing and I would be keeping things quite low key for a few years at least anyway.

Id like to say thank you so much to everyone who has taken the time to respond. I’ve never posted before so was a bit nervous. After reading all your points I’m definitely going to be waiting until March and even then playing it by ear on the current situation. It will give me the extra time to train in a few extra things I want to introduce when it’s my own.

It’s awful how this virus has effected our industry and how it’s devastated businesses I wish you all the very best and hope it improves quickly. Let’s hope this new CEO of the NHBF will make a difference to our industry too 🤞🏻

Latest posts

Back