Will hair toner dye the wet room floor?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluelily100

Reaction score
I use specific toners such as touch of silver and other shampoos that are purple, Will it dyes the floor? i don't want purple stuff on the shower floor because we had just done. I know it goes on towels and fabrics such as clothes. Here's the pictures of the type of flooring I have.

Attachments

• IMG_7393.JPG
    IMG_7393.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7394.JPG
    IMG_7394.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 28
I use specific toners such as touch of silver and other shampoos that are purple, Will it dyes the floor? i don't want purple stuff on the shower floor because we had just done. I know it goes on towels and fabrics such as clothes. Here's the pictures of the type of flooring I have.
It shouldn't do, towels, skin etc are porous fibres, your flooring shouldn't be. But could I strongly suggest you stop using the touch of silver shampoos. They're really not good for the hair. Check out the IQ silver shampoo, it's amazing and you can pick it up for around the same price as touch of silver. Just a suggestion :p

why is it bad for my hair?

why is it bad for my hair?
It has extremely harsh sulphates in it, which will actually negatively affect your colour. It's extremely drying, and known to cause breakage in long term cases. It's just advice, it's entirely up to you what you do of course, but if you were a friend or client that's what I'd recommend :)

I agree with @ronray.

A touch of Silver is a purple shampoo so will tone blonde hair but the reason that it’s a lot cheaper to buy than most salon brands is because they use cheap detergents to bulk it out and so it actually dries out the hair more and overuse will lead to breakage.

There are much better purple shampoos available so next time you visit the wholesaler, look out for IQ, Osmo, Fanola etc. These are all reasonably priced and will be better for your hair in the long run.

@AcidPerm Oh, Okay, Thanks for letting me know, but it's kinda too late now because it's bought new for me and I still have plenty left the conditioner, toner mask and shampoo of touch of silver. I bought Fanola but I haven't used it yet. I need to use up my touch of silver brand instead of going to waste, I'll use less of it. I won't buy the touch of silver shampoo anymore, but I don't see the toner and the conditioner will cause breakage though.

I agree with @ronray.

A touch of Silver is a purple shampoo so will tone blonde hair but the reason that it’s a lot cheaper to buy than most salon brands is because they use cheap detergents to bulk it out and so it actually dries out the hair more and overuse will lead to breakage.

There are much better purple shampoos available so next time you visit the wholesaler, look out for IQ, Osmo, Fanola etc. These are all reasonably priced and will be better for your hair in the long run.

Slightly off topic but this is really interesting thsnk you, I'm a natural silver blonde (grey ) and always used Touch of Silver but realised it was really affecting my scalp psoriasis, this is probably why. Sadly Osmo made it even worse. Couldn't track down a Fanola supplier other than eBay which I didn't want to take the risk on.

I've ended up with the Dove purple, I have to say its brilliant, no scalp issues, in fact it's probably the best it's been in about 30 years, and keeps my porous hair looking silver instead of 20-a-day smoker yellow. Strangely enough it's become virtually impossible to buy anywhere locally to me recently.

@AcidPerm Oh, Okay, Thanks for letting me know, but it's kinda too late now because it's bought new for me and I still have plenty left the conditioner, toner mask and shampoo of touch of silver. I bought Fanola but I haven't used it yet. I need to use up my touch of silver brand instead of going to waste, I'll use less of it. I won't buy the touch of silver shampoo anymore, but I don't see the toner and the conditioner will cause breakage though.

the price of rescuing your hair after using touch of silver is definitely going to be more than the price of throwing away the bottles... if u have fanola I’d move over straight away

Slightly off topic but this is really interesting thsnk you, I'm a natural silver blonde (grey ) and always used Touch of Silver but realised it was really affecting my scalp psoriasis, this is probably why. Sadly Osmo made it even worse. Couldn't track down a Fanola supplier other than eBay which I didn't want to take the risk on.

The other alternative, which I do on myself, is to mix a purple direct dye semi colour with cheap white conditioner so it’s a pastel shade of purple and apply that after using your normal shampoo. Leave it for about five minutes and it will tone your hair and leave it feeling fab too.

The other alternative, which I do on myself, is to mix a purple direct dye semi colour with cheap white conditioner so it’s a pastel shade of purple and apply that after using your normal shampoo. Leave it for about five minutes and it will tone your hair and leave it feeling fab too.
I have absolutely no 'hair' knowledge or experience so will leave things like dyes and mixing to the pro's o_O :eek: :p that said I did consider mixing my left over ToS in with some random leftover supermarket conditioner I have knocking around but decided against it incase I ended up green :rolleyes::p

Latest posts

Back