Will I be able to do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emilyk83

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here, wasn't sure if this is the right forum to post in?
Just wondered if anyone here does hairdressing and has fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue?

I've booked to do a hairdressing course in September and can't wait to start. It's a different direction for me after having worked in care!

I'm on a career break at the mo but have been in an abusive relationship that I got out of recently. I was struggling for a bit and one of the things someone suggested to get myself back on track to being happy on my own was to find something I enjoy doing and do more of it.

I've only ever cut my boys hair.
I realise now how terrible I was at it when I started years ago - but more lately I've loved the results I've got them when I've cut their hair and everyone compliments them :) it's just a really nice feeling that I did it :)

I did my daughters hair today - I did mermaid hair for her and it's looks lush! She's so happy with it and again - loads of people have liked it :)

It took me a while because I haven't done any training yet but I know hair colouring as well as cutting does generally take a couple of hours at times. I was aching so much after and was physically exhausted
It's made me think about how I will manage it on a more regular basis and the training?

Just wondered if any of you who have the same conditions as me and how you manage hair dressing with it?

At the moment I just want to do it so I can do family and close friends. But worries about managing the training on its own!?
My memory gets affected so badly and I struggle to take in information at times and this worries me with studying. I think I'll be able to do it - just might take me longer than everyone else.
I'm going do see if I can get any extra help through the college - like extra tutoring perhaps to go over whatever we've done in the class? - not sure if they will do that for my age lol

Would be grateful for any suggestions on any of this x

Latest posts

Back