Will my eyelashes grow back?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaireJones

Reaction score
Hi, just popped over from hair side, I've had eyelash extensions in for 2 weeks and couple had fallen out, so asked to get booked in, she told me she can't do anything until next week, so told me to take them off with some oil based makeup remover or olive oil? I did this and it has taken all my eyelashes off, i now have a few stumps of hair left? How long before they will look normal c

Your lashes will be completely back to normal in 3 months.

It sounds like a long time but they will look better every week. Just look after them well. Be gentle around your lashes and I would recommend the use of castor on your lashline at bedtime to nourish, condition and encourage the growth of new lashes xx

p.s. the only thing that will safely remove lash extensions is lash extension remover

I wonder why she told you to take them out? At worst you would have lost a few more before she could do infills on you. I totally agree with Elliebee about using the correct remover as anything else won't budge the glue without tugging excessivly at your lashes x

Sent from my AT100 using SalonGeek

Hi firstly I am new to ee when I did my training only had a few lashes due to time. After a week or so I had one that kinked the wrong way. Drove me mad so decided to pull it out . God it hurt so much. So my question is did it hurt when they came out.xx

Why couldn't she do the infil and if she didn't have any free slots then why not advise you to go to another salon or put you in a cancelation list? If I have no appointments free and the clients lost some lashes I advise they use a mascara to hide the gaps.

I would ring the salon and speak to the owner/ manager about the bad advice given by this therapist.

The lashes should grow back,people sometimes have problems with brow hair not growing back but your lashes will grow back. Just avoid waterproof mascara as they grow back and take care when removing any eye make up.

There are products you can use to speed up the growing process and I've heard very good reviews from some of my cancer clients who have lost their eyelashes.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...uemDAg&usg=AFQjCNHV7t1lFswWFkLasb4iGLPwA7WogQ

Last edited:
Ok I'm not sure WHY she told you to remove them unnecessarily but my training advised the same things to use but ONLY if someone had had an allergic reaction. I think I might ring my insurance & ask them though x

I had lash extensions last week and already the few that have fallen out have taken my real lashes with them! :-(

I am dreading them all comingout as I have lots of weddings etc... this summer and don't want bald eyes!

I had lash extensions last week and already the few that have fallen out have taken my real lashes with them! :-(

I am dreading them all comingout as I have lots of weddings etc... this summer and don't want bald eyes!

Hiya, read your post and felt inclined to reassure you - I have lashes done on a regular basis and I also provide lashes as a service.

Don't worry about losing the odd lash and certainly don't worry that your own lash is attached. Your natural lashes shed and will continue to shed when you have extensions on, you will just notice it more because of the extensions. If you're losing just the extensions then there could potentially to be a break down in the bond between extension and natural lash - this is not good. Extensions coming away with natural lashes attached is either natural shedding of the lashes, being too heavy handed with them (rubbing eyes, washing/drying) or some premature shedding could occur if the extension are too long/thick for your own natural lashes to support.

I wouldn't be too worried, as long as this shedding isn't related to any infection you've noticed. If in doubt speak to your therapist who applied them, otherwise be gentle with them and enjoy! :) xx

Hi firstly I am new to ee when I did my training only had a few lashes due to time. After a week or so I had one that kinked the wrong way. Drove me mad so decided to pull it out . God it hurt so much. So my question is did it hurt when they came out.xx

Yes they did hurt, I will post a pic up of my lashes now I've had them off , I really do hope they grow back , prob I look worse as I was used to looking at myself with extensions on x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335177819.040315.jpg

were these lashes SP individual lashes ie; one extension lash on one of ur natural lashes or were they express lashes that DO need to be removed after two weeks ?????

They were cluster lashes ? Don't know the difference. And paid. £10 for them, & never had patch test :( x

I wear lashes all the time and offer S.P.E.E. as a service too. I agree with the earlier post that your natural lashes do shed, they have a life cycle, if a lash had been attached to one of yours that was at the end of it's life cycle then it's perfectly normal for them to come out. This is why we offer infills. They should never hurt though, whether they cone out naturally or if they are removed. You weren't to know as the therapist should have advised you correctly on aftercare and removal procedures (assuming that she didn't) but it sounds like your removal technique was a little heavy handed.
Again you weren't to know this but don't let it put you off, they are fab when done and handled correctly.
Some people take a little longer to get used to them but I never touch them once they're on. I get 6 weeks out of them without a fill, they do become more and more sparse as the weeks pass but they come off naturally and don't ever hurt.
Hth xx

Cluster lashes!! And u had them on for how long?? And you were going to get them infilled? Big no no! They are weekend too 2 weeks at very most wear! Then should be soaked off and reapplied, not filled in! Cluster lashes attach to more than one lash and should be removed max 2 weeks later, as lashes can not grow properly when stuck together, which makes lashes prematurely fall out! (when a growing lash pulls along side another non moving lash, because its stuck together.) Note to anyone with lashes on, if they tend to pinch or itch slightly on lid, this is happening to you! Application has not been done properly!

Your therapist should of removed them properly and made you aware of the damage if kept in longer than they should be!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

They were cluster lashes ? Don't know the difference. And paid. £10 for them, & never had patch test :( x

Cluster lashes are meant to last 3 to 5 days. You dont have them infilled though, just removed. You should have had them removed with eyelash remover by the therapist.

Sorry! Didn't know they were clusters x

Latest posts

Back