Will myscara do for lashes what shellac did for nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too do my research before jumping in to anything. I wanted SPM in my salon and as there is no-one near me that does it I traveled a fair way to have MYscara done and then took a friend to another salon for Crybaby. The prices of the treatments weren't that much different and neither were the results. I purposely picked a friend with similar lashes to myself, which is medium-long. We both loved the results however really couldn't see any difference. We asked loads and loads of people if they thought one looked better than the other and opinions were pretty evenly split. Most people couldn't see a difference between mine and hers and the ones who thought they could split themselves evenly between us.
I have to admit both products strike me as re-packaged eyelash glue LOL. Even though I'm pretty sure they arn't. (I hope.)
In the end the only thing that separated crybaby from MYscara for me was the price of the training. And Crybaby was by far much more expensive than the MYscara trainng and kit. So didn't take me long to decide which to go for. (MYscara.)

I also use myscara and can ensure you its not eyelash glue in a mascara bottle if and when you go on the training you will be advised fully of what myscara is made up of etc . All my clients so far love it its lasting the 2-3 weeks as stated . It does exactly what is meant to not had any probs or complaints do your research before choosing who to go with but I can only tell you from my experience and my trainer ruth was fab explained everything I needed to know and also done my lashes so I could test it it lasted about three and a half weeks then i removed it . I really dont see why people have to bring certain products down all the time on here when there is clearly enough room for everyone :/

Is it just me or have some posts been removed?

Looks like it x

Well, from my perspectve, openly as a MYscara therapist and trainer, who thoroughly researched all SPM products before jumping on any bandwagons, I rather think the amount of people approaching us for conversion courses from other products, speaks for itself.

I have refrained from getting into debate on here so far as I do believe that there is plenty of room in the market for all of us, as there is in nails and other products...and I have never been one to spoil for a fight, however, when there are comments cropping up that are actually aimed at putting other products down, I'm afraid I do get a little defensive....especially when the statements are about as wrong as they can get!

I am happy to be approached (here or or on facebook) by anyone who would like an open, honest and frank discussion about all the products. I have no hidden agenda......I openly admit to supporting MYscara, from a research and usage based opinion, and ANYONE who knows me from here or from my training knows I am nothing but 100% honest, and have always been very happy to openly embrace good and bad points about any product, including those that I choose to use and those that I don't.

For those of you booked on my coures, (Emily S - I'm Lyndsay) I promise you that you will be very happy with MYscara, it is far more than than 'glue in a tube' and that both myself and MYscara will be doing all we need to do to ensure that you are just as successful as all the other MYscara techs on this thread...which are plentiful, it seems!!
Hiiii.. looking forward too it!!!

..I thought so, I thought it was this thread I replied in and was a little baffled!!! Thanks for clearing that up :D

I also use myscara and can ensure you its not eyelash glue in a mascara bottle if and when you go on the training you will be advised fully of what myscara is made up of etc . All my clients so far love it its lasting the 2-3 weeks as stated . It does exactly what is meant to not had any probs or complaints do your research before choosing who to go with but I can only tell you from my experience and my trainer ruth was fab explained everything I needed to know and also done my lashes so I could test it it lasted about three and a half weeks then i removed it . I really dont see why people have to bring certain products down all the time on here when there is clearly enough room for everyone :/

Too true! Yes glue is a major component - that is what gives it the strength flexibility and longevity but it would be wrong to say that is all that there is. Glue doesnt give the thickness and length of Myscara. There are the small fibres and a few other bits and pieces that are added to make it what it is.

I would also add that CB and Myscara only differ in that MYscara is premixed and the ratios of ingredients

It is the application that is different. Ours (MYscara) is closed eye for added safety, we don't ask the client to hold blowers and we don't have to worry about getting the ratio mixed correctly as premixed so the client can check each layer and ask for more if required HTH.

I personally looked into all the systems before I applied to become a Distributor for MYscara and I am a very happy bunny with my choice and wish all others the same with theirs xx

People tend to bring others products down when they do not have faith enough in their own JMO and to be honest people are not stupid and see straight through it. We have had many students from here come to us for that reason alone which kind of makes it backfire on those that do. Our student feedback is what we rely on and have it open for all to see good or bad.

Last edited:
It is the application that is different. Ours (MYscara) is closed eye for added safety, we don't ask the client to hold blowers and we don't have to worry about getting the ratio mixed correctly as premixed so the client can check each layer and ask for more if required HTH.

I just want to clarify this point.

Crybaby application IS done with clients eyes closed throughout. The client only holds the dryer for a few minutes during bottom lash application (whilst their eyes are closed) and the therapist uses the dryer for the rest of the application. The point you make about MYscara being done with closed eyes for "added safety" would suggest that crybaby is not a safe procedure. This is a bit misleading. Crybaby is completely safe. I would never undertake training or offer a treatment to a client that I was not 100% happy with.

The reason the product is not premixed is so that it can be tailored to suit the clients requirement. (this is one of the many reasons that made me choose crybaby over myscara)

If the client wants a full look, this can be achieved by mixing a thicker consistency first time , rather than taking time to build up layers (although the product can be layered if the client isn't sure) I have read on here quite a few times now that crybaby can't be layered. This is also untrue.

If anyone has anyone has any Crybaby questions, please feel free to ask.

I am still learning but will do my best to help

People tend to bring others products down when they do not have faith enough in their own
I'm not sure what this refers to and can only assume there are the posts that have been removed??

I really hope this isn't the case as this forum is the perfect place for discussing the pros and cons of all systems so that therapists can make their own decisions.

Obvously, we have all done our own research and made our own decisions based on our findings. I hope we can continute to discuss and debate in a constructive manner without the need to bring down other companies.

We all use different lash glues/nail systems/spray tans etc. I don't see any reason why SP mascara shouldn't be the same.

E x

Last edited:
Xaggerte is done with the eyes closed as well except for when doing the bottom lashes. And as with Crybaby it's mixed to the customers requirement and you can add more layers if required.

Going back to the initial question though I think any semi permanent mascara will do for eyelashes what shellac has done for nails - I know Im finding lots of people who are turning to it now.

I thought this too?!- i commented in a positive manner as I've trained in MYscara- cant find my thread now?- why or who would delete?. X

I just want to clarify this point.

Crybaby application IS done with clients eyes closed throughout. The client only holds the dryer for a few minutes during bottom lash application (whilst their eyes are closed) and the therapist uses the dryer for the rest of the application. The point you make about MYscara being done with closed eyes for "added safety" would suggest that crybaby is not a safe procedure. This is a bit misleading. Crybaby is completely safe. I would never undertake training or offer a treatment to a client that I was not 100% happy with.

The reason the product is not premixed is so that it can be tailored to suit the clients requirement. (this is one of the many reasons that made me choose crybaby over myscara)

If the client wants a full look, this can be achieved by mixing a thicker consistency first time , rather than taking time to build up layers (although the product can be layered if the client isn't sure) I have read on here quite a few times now that crybaby can't be layered. This is also untrue.

If anyone has anyone has any Crybaby questions, please feel free to ask.

I am still learning but will do my best to help

I'm not sure what this refers to and can only assume there are the posts that have been removed??

I really hope this isn't the case as this forum is the perfect place for discussing the pros and cons of all systems so that therapists can make their own decisions.

Obvously, we have all done our own research and made our own decisions based on our findings. I hope we can continute to discuss and debate in a constructive manner without the need to bring down other companies.

We all use different lash glues/nail systems/spray tans etc. I don't see any reason why SP mascara shouldn't be the same.

E x

Hi Ellie..just a few things. I may have been misled re open eye as at the show they were demo'ing in this way. safety was referring to if the (any) product gets into the eye it will adhere to it. This was not directed at CB per se. We have closed for bottom lashes too

I personally found that clients didn't like the blower but again is choice.

Premixed gets the look required by layers rather than mixing to a certain look then the client not liking and so having to mix again and change the ratio. That has always been my point. I just find it a bit more foolproof but again, is choice.

Yes posts have been removed as some completely untrue and damaging comments were made that didn't help anyone including the poster.

I totally agree with your last 2 paragraphs and hope we can continue to be constructive as after all, we both love SPM's xx

Hi Ellie..just a few things. I may have been misled re open eye as at the show they were demo'ing in this way. safety was referring to if the (any) product gets into the eye it will adhere to it. This was not directed at CB per se. We have closed for bottom lashes too

I personally found that clients didn't like the blower but again is choice.

Premixed gets the look required by layers rather than mixing to a certain look then the client not liking and so having to mix again and change the ratio. That has always been my point. I just find it a bit more foolproof but again, is choice.

Yes posts have been removed as some completely untrue and damaging comments were made that didn't help anyone including the poster.

I totally agree with your last 2 paragraphs and hope we can continue to be constructive as after all, we both love SPM's xx

My post was a positive endorsement of MYscara so perplexed as to why it was moved or removed??- 

Does anyone know if i can do training for myscara down southwest or near by i live in Dorset. Really want to do this!!!!! Really apprietiate if anyone knows x x

I think some posts have been deleted to the lady who said there was training available for northeast can u email me detail and prices please :) x

I have trained in Myscara... and personally i am looking at training with CryBaby and offering that.

I would say research each product throughly and preferably have each product applied before you choose your company. Choosing a company just because they are cheaper is a really bad idea.

Speak to people who have trained in each product and ask them how they felt the training was, how did they feel the aftercare and support was.

To be honest once the initial hypes died down i really dont think SPM is going to be the next big thing. Sure it's gonna be great for holidays or whatever but i can achieve a better look with my own mascara and it takes me only 5 minutes..

Perhaps im in the minority tho but thought i should give people my opinion aswell.

Does anyone know if i can do training for myscara down southwest or near by i live in Dorset. Really want to do this!!!!! Really apprietiate if anyone knows x x
There is indeed if you would like to PM me your email address x

I think some posts have been deleted to the lady who said there was training available for northeast can u email me detail and prices please :) x

Hi yes there is a woman who offers regular training very near you, I will pm you her details xx

Yes, I removed some posts and also those that quoted the posts I removed.

The person who replied to that question was pushing another product to the one you asked about. That's against the site rules as they were a trainer for that company and it's considered to be advertising.

If you have any queries please feel free to drop me a private message.
Hope that helps :D

Sandi a fab moderator and a credit to this site but hey JMO :lick:

I jumped on the MYscara bandwagon and personally it's not doing much for me. I advertise a couple of places and went with an introductory offer but still have had very little interest. In all fairness I am still building up a good client base but none of my 25-30 clients I currently have are interested.

I think it is a great concept and has potential but if I'm honest think it is totally overpriced! I think £20-£25 is nearer the mark than £30-£45. If it was priced lower then I could see somebody returning every 2-3 weeks to have it reapplied but not at the higher price.

I would be really interested to hear from anyone who has a great client base, say with clients having to book in four weeks in advance, to give me a really honest answer on how they are finding selling this product. Don't take offence but I don't mean a trainer or somebody that works for MYscara.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back