Will myscara do for lashes what shellac did for nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I jumped on the MYscara bandwagon and personally it's not doing much for me. I advertise a couple of places and went with an introductory offer but still have had very little interest. In all fairness I am still building up a good client base but none of my 25-30 clients I currently have are interested.

I think it is a great concept and has potential but if I'm honest think it is totally overpriced! I think £20-£25 is nearer the mark than £30-£45. If it was priced lower then I could see somebody returning every 2-3 weeks to have it reapplied but not at the higher price.

I would be really interested to hear from anyone who has a great client base, say with clients having to book in four weeks in advance, to give me a really honest answer on how they are finding selling this product. Don't take offence but I don't mean a trainer or somebody that works for MYscara.

Thanks

We launched it at the end of May at £25 (special price). We did an email run, a posted ad run and 10000 leaflets.We also ran ads in our local paper. We have had a superb response. We made our money back extremely quickly.

As for rebooks, not so much. I agree it is super for holidays and weddings, but it is not shellac. We have loads of regulars who are devoted to shellac and come every fortnight without fail. We are not experiencing this with myscara.

I think it is a great concept and has potential but if I'm honest think it is totally overpriced! I think £20-£25 is nearer the mark than £30-£45. If it was priced lower then I could see somebody returning every 2-3 weeks to have it reapplied but not at the higher price.
I'm going to be charging at £15 as an introductory offer, then £20 depending on how it goes :)

I have had all my Facebook'ers guessing what my 'new treatment' was going to be last night and for those who guessed correctly I offered 2 treatments for £15 which could be either for themselves or for them and a friend - I'm hoping they come as them and a friend though just to get word out about it a bit more.

3 people out of 38 guessed it correctly so they'll receive the offer.. they've all been kept in suspense now though and waiting till Friday till I reveal the answer .. definitely a great way of introducing a new treatment is to get them thinking about it :D

Hopefully this will have got word out about it cause nobody around here is doing it yet, fingers crossed.

We launched it at the end of May at £25 (special price). We did an email run, a posted ad run and 10000 leaflets.We also ran ads in our local paper. We have had a superb response. We made our money back extremely quickly.

As for rebooks, not so much. I agree it is super for holidays and weddings, but it is not shellac. We have loads of regulars who are devoted to shellac and come every fortnight without fail. We are not experiencing this with myscara.

Yes that is what I wondered whether people really would rebook with it. I offered at £25 introductory but am actually thinking now should that be the normal price or even less! To be honest I'm glad I've trained in it and got it out of my system as it were but I too think it is a holiday/occasional thing which is a shame as for me when I wore it I loved the fact that I didn't have to worry about applying and removing it!

I'm going to be charging at £15 as an introductory offer, then £20 depending on how it goes :)

I have had all my Facebook'ers guessing what my 'new treatment' was going to be last night and for those who guessed correctly I offered 2 treatments for £15 which could be either for themselves or for them and a friend - I'm hoping they come as them and a friend though just to get word out about it a bit more.

3 people out of 38 guessed it correctly so they'll receive the offer.. they've all been kept in suspense now though and waiting till Friday till I reveal the answer .. definitely a great way of introducing a new treatment is to get them thinking about it :D

Hopefully this will have got word out about it cause nobody around here is doing it yet, fingers crossed.

Good luck with it. As I said, it is a great concept and I hate to say it but I do think your £20 is much nearer the mark.

Good luck with it. As I said, it is a great concept and I hate to say it but I do think your £20 is much nearer the mark.
I'll be happy at the £20 mark and offers at £15, there's still plenty of profit in it and much more affordable for people in my area.

Even with the freedom of price seeing as though no-one else around here is doing it, I don't think people would pay £25 REGULARLY, maybe a one off but that's it.

As with most eye treatments, some will have for special events, some will have regularly. It can't really be compared to nails as clients tend to have their nails painted every day of the year

I personally cannot stand EE's, some love them. It will be the same with SPM's. What it will do is add a service for clients like me who don't like EE's and tinting and/or perming didn't give them the volume wanted ie a whole new client base.

A new choice is a great thing JMO x

I jumped on the MYscara bandwagon and personally it's not doing much for me. I advertise a couple of places and went with an introductory offer but still have had very little interest. In all fairness I am still building up a good client base but none of my 25-30 clients I currently have are interested.

I would be really interested to hear from anyone who has a great client base, say with clients having to book in four weeks in advance, to give me a really honest answer on how they are finding selling this product. Don't take offence but I don't mean a trainer or somebody that works for MYscara.

Thanks

I'm trained un MYscara and have had all positive comments!- have had repeat bookings after their first application- I say it lasts 2-3 weeks and wears off - true scenario- I dont market it as a longer shelf like because in my experience 2-3 weeks is it. I'm just a normal person not a trainer!!! Lol hth xxx

I'm trained un MYscara and have had all positive comments!- have had repeat bookings after their first application- I say it lasts 2-3 weeks and wears off - true scenario- I dont market it as a longer shelf like because in my experience 2-3 weeks is it. I'm just a normal person not a trainer!!! Lol hth xxx

Btw I charge £25 in Southampton and no ones questioned it- wouldn't think about being more expensive right now. X

We currently charge £45 in Glasgow but it varies from £20 - £45 within Glasgow and anything up to £75 elsewhere. A certain place in Surrey charges £75 :) great if you can get it. xx

We launched it a few weeks agao and it's doing really well. I haven't put it on offer however we only charge £25 which I think is more than enough in my area.
I think when you launch something like this you will get a big influx of clients that want to try it and don't care what it costs so why not price it so that you re-coop your money quickly instead of doing special offers. If it's new and interesting people will pay. So far this isn't a treatment that many people are re-booking so I didn't see the point in doing a special offer on it.
Hope that makes sense.
xx

So far this isn't a treatment that many people are re-booking so I didn't see the point in doing a special offer on it.
Hope that makes sense.
xx
Perhaps the price is the reason why they're not re-booking?! :) Just a thought, not being rude.x

We launched it a few weeks agao and it's doing really well. I haven't put it on offer however we only charge £25 which I think is more than enough in my area.
I think when you launch something like this you will get a big influx of clients that want to try it and don't care what it costs so why not price it so that you re-coop your money quickly instead of doing special offers. If it's new and interesting people will pay. So far this isn't a treatment that many people are re-booking so I didn't see the point in doing a special offer on it.
Hope that makes sense.
xx

I too charge £25 which is right for my area. Everyone has repeat booked- I guess like everything- SPM won't be for everyone!- but those that try it all seem to like it!. Sell it as time saving product too, as no putting mascara on every morning!!. X

Perhaps the price is the reason why they're not re-booking?! :) Just a thought, not being rude.x

Yeah I can see your thought but no I don't think so. People have come back after 2-3 weeks for removal and said they were getting fed up of it. Like EE it tends to mis-shape when they sleep.

I too charge £25 which is right for my area. Everyone has repeat booked- I guess like everything- SPM won't be for everyone!- but those that try it all seem to like it!. Sell it as time saving product too, as no putting mascara on every morning!!. X

Just wondered how you are doing with it now?
xx

Yeah I can see your thought but no I don't think so. People have come back after 2-3 weeks for removal and said they were getting fed up of it. Like EE it tends to mis-shape when they sleep.

Just wondered how you are doing with it now?
xx

Those that have had it love it and have booked in again- some saying they'd only have for holidays?- my EE ladies haven't been so impressed though cos obviously they have expectations of EE and you dont get that full look with SPM. Some have had EE on upper and SPM on lower- pleased with this option!- sadly I know think it will do for lashes what shellac did for nails!  but i still love it and think it's fab!- just gotta keep promoting it!. 

Those that have had it love it and have booked in again- some saying they'd only have for holidays?- my EE ladies haven't been so impressed though cos obviously they have expectations of EE and you dont get that full look with SPM. Some have had EE on upper and SPM on lower- pleased with this option!- sadly I know think it will do for lashes what shellac did for nails!  but i still love it and think it's fab!- just gotta keep promoting it!. 

PS the price hasnt been an issue for me!- no ones questioned the price at all.

Having problems with myscara :-( qualified last week followed routine correctly and my 3 models can't stand the feel of them after 4 days any one else have problems ? When I've advertised at £40 response I'm getting is al just get a good mascara ... Grrrr so frustrated x

Latest posts

Back