Will myscara do for lashes what shellac did for nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahhh123

Reaction score
I'm all booked on my myscara course next week - yay! But was wondering just HOW popular this is proving.

I've had a few clients show interest, I wonder if it'll do for lashes what shellac did for nails...ie something for people who don't want extensions! Will it be as popular?!

Love the spm, but dont think it will do anything near as well as shellac.

It is a very good treatment to fit between tinting and extensions tho, and very good for bottom lashes on extension clients.

hth

I'm all booked on my myscara course next week - yay! But was wondering just HOW popular this is proving.

I've had a few clients show interest, I wonder if it'll do for lashes what shellac did for nails...ie something for people who don't want extensions! Will it be as popular?!

Well we can only go by sales and feedback :biggrin:. However I am a believer in not taking notice of the hype..see what people who are using it say. We have a social group "MYscara Mania" on here and also a Facebook page with nearly 2000 followers.

From my POV, I researched all SPM on offer and then decided to approach MYscara for Wales, the SW and NW and I am a happy bunny. But don't take my word for it...I welcome research and taking note of feedback into this product.

Re Shellac ..it opened a whole new category for nails..Myscara has done this for lashes x

I love myscara so do my clients very popular join myscara mania and have a look x

You won't be disappointed Sarah! I think you might be right with it doing for lashes what Shellac did for nails. I'm the MYscara trainer for Ireland but also a salon owner which gives me a great insight into client reactions, feedback, repeat business etc. We've a huge amount of clients that like extensions but not for daily wear and now they LOVE MYscara, just to give you a brief idea - We launched it in my own salon in May and we started off doing between 10-20 MYscara's a week, we're now up to 40+ a week and I'm training two of my staff this week so expecting the figure to double. and a huge amount of these are repeat clients, referrals etc..

Totally agree semi permanent mascara's have opened up a whole new category for lashes, I think it will replace tinting in time...

Have a look at the MYscara and crybaby groups on here. There are loads of photos that will allow you to see the end results for yourself and compare . I've been applying myscara for about 2 months now and am very happy ( as well as my clients) with the results and longevity- most clients getting 3 weeks wear - no break down after a week as previously mentioned above - intact I'm getting feedback from clients saying it's the best treatment they have had and will keep coming back. It's probably to take advise from people who are actually doing the treatments so again I'd look on the groups and get the information from the horses mouth :)

Have a look at Xaggerate from WOW factor Im getting loads of positive feedback from trainees and clients

I have trained with MYscara and love it x

MYscara, Crybaby, Xaggerate... Different products achieving similar sorts of results. It gives us choice. There's no one that's the best it's the best product for you. Choice is good, isn't it?

Where can i get trained and how much does the course and kit costs?

MYscara, Crybaby, Xaggerate... Different products achieving similar sorts of results. It gives us choice. There's no one that's the best it's the best product for you. Choice is good, isn't it?

Amen to that!!! There's room for everyone isn't there! I was advised ages ago, when someone constantly knocks something then look at their motives behind their negativity!

As for the original question, is it going to be the new Shellac? ... well I take it you mean business wise and not the fact that you can't get it for months after its initial launch because that would be a disaster! Time will tell if it has the same business increase as the gel polishes, but at the moment it's very popular, but as with EEs it's certainly not for everyone!

Well I'm leaving to go on myscara course in about half an hour! So will let you know how I get on :)

You'll love it! Enjoy!

I so want to offer so mascara! Really confused who to train with though! Will have to dig a little deeper into it I think and maybe have it done myself.

I so want to offer so mascara! Really confused who to train with though! Will have to dig a little deeper into it I think and maybe have it done myself.

In essence this sounds the sensible thing to do. However as with any treatment you get good and bad therapists at the job in hand (no matter how well they have been trained) so it may not be a fair representation.

Also remember that the finished result is what the client wants and not necessarily a dramatic or subtle look which we may personally prefer. Nearly all of my clients have preferred a subtle look. Some have brought in pictures of the look they'd like and I've been honest and said you can't achieve that from the lashes they naturally have and they'd need EEs. I show them after 2 coats and they can then decide if they want more. From reading in the Crybaby group from people actually using the product it seems that once you have mixed then that is the look the client gets and you cannot add more if you wish. That's why I prefer the premixed formula of MYscara.

Whichever you choose good luck it doesn't bother me and I'm not going to sit here and profess I know all about Myscara because I don't, I'm learning all the time and I am actually using it day in day out. Neither am I going to slate the other brands, I don't need to, there is room for us all. You will be on a very steep learning curve in the beginning that's for sure!!

Is there any one in northeast or any where in northeast I can go for myscara training ?

Is there any one in northeast or any where in northeast I can go for myscara training ?

There is indeed. If you want to PM me your email address I will put you in touch with the trainer :D

BTW great post sassy xx

Well, from my perspectve, openly as a MYscara therapist and trainer, who thoroughly researched all SPM products before jumping on any bandwagons, I rather think the amount of people approaching us for conversion courses from other products, speaks for itself.

I have refrained from getting into debate on here so far as I do believe that there is plenty of room in the market for all of us, as there is in nails and other products...and I have never been one to spoil for a fight, however, when there are comments cropping up that are actually aimed at putting other products down, I'm afraid I do get a little defensive....especially when the statements are about as wrong as they can get!

I am happy to be approached (here or or on facebook) by anyone who would like an open, honest and frank discussion about all the products. I have no hidden agenda......I openly admit to supporting MYscara, from a research and usage based opinion, and ANYONE who knows me from here or from my training knows I am nothing but 100% honest, and have always been very happy to openly embrace good and bad points about any product, including those that I choose to use and those that I don't.

For those of you booked on my coures, (Emily S - I'm Lyndsay) I promise you that you will be very happy with MYscara, it is far more than than 'glue in a tube' and that both myself and MYscara will be doing all we need to do to ensure that you are just as successful as all the other MYscara techs on this thread...which are plentiful, it seems!!

I think it is a case of horses for courses. I do Myscara and in all honesty think is is great if you have average to decent eyelashes. If your lashes are short and stubby, i dont think Myscara will look anywhere near as good on you as Semi permanent eyelash extensions. They will give those short lashes far more length and lift.

Shellac on the other hand is probably lovely on everyone, irrespective of condition or length of nails.

I think it is a case of horses for courses. I do Myscara and in all honesty think is is great if you have average to decent eyelashes. If your lashes are short and stubby, i dont think Myscara will look anywhere near as good on you as Semi permanent eyelash extensions. They will give those short lashes far more length and lift.

Shellac on the other hand is probably lovely on everyone, irrespective of condition or length of nails.

I think it's a case of people not getting their heads around the fact that it is a mascara effect ... they really do think it gives the look of EEs and of course it doesn't! But not everyone likes the look or feel of EEs, not everyone likes the look or feel of SPM. I think if you can offer tint and perm, SPM and EEs you have the lash market totally covered.

As in every treatment it's not for everyone ... and that includes gel polishes such as Shellac and Gelish which is why I still have clients for acrylic and hard gels and regular manicures.

Like you say horses for courses ... thank god we are all different or it would make for a very dull world!

Latest posts

Back