Will the hair extension madness last?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomtomrow

Reaction score
Hi guys i am quite new :) loving this ! Ok so hair extensions. I can hardly keep up, I am extremely busy. I am not complaining I am delighted . But will this trend stop? Will I be as busy in ten years ? Its hard to no! This is the recession and its ging great or will more people jump on the wagon and everyone will be fittting them? Im highly qualfied and I no Im good at what I do. But is it a trend?

I don't think it will ever sizzle out but I think it will calm down it only takes for one celeb to go for the natural look then everyone will jump on that lol I think extensions can be affordable now for clients xx

I think extensions will be around forever, so many people use them for so many different personal reasons. Some people generally don't feel confident without them and i think you can still have a natural look with extensions. x

Hi guys i am quite new :) loving this ! Ok so hair extensions. I can hardly keep up, I am extremely busy. I am not complaining I am delighted . But will this trend stop? Will I be as busy in ten years ? Its hard to no! This is the recession and its ging great or will more people jump on the wagon and everyone will be fittting them? Im highly qualfied and I no Im good at what I do. But is it a trend?

Hair extensions will never ever die out, ive been wearing them over a decade and will never stop lol, its just that once youve had them once, its hard to live without, especially if you have thin hair. New systems keep coming, theyre just growing bigger n bigger xx

The last few months they've really taking off. Very busy now! :) but as you said will it last ?

Hair extensions have been around for years, and their popularity going from strength to strength.
People want long hair at the click of their fingers and with extensions, you got em! I dont think that will ever change.
They are more accessable these days with more and more budget ranges coming out (not neccessarily a good thing IMO) and the more people have them, the more others lust after them.
I dont thinks its a phase, any more that when foil highlighting was introduced. I cant see that ever fizzling out either :)
xx

I was talking to my friend about this earlier funnily enough, she wears hair extensions which I just removed today to put new ones in on Monday and she was really upset getting them out. Her hair is very fine and won't grow so she relies on them to feel good. She was saying that she has always had problems with her weight ect and the hair helps her feel good and it's kinda a security thing now. I can imagine a lot of people feel the same way. It's ashame for people with really fine hair, hair extensions are a god send for them!

I was talking to my friend about this earlier funnily enough, she wears hair extensions which I just removed today to put new ones in on Monday and she was really upset getting them out. Her hair is very fine and won't grow so she relies on them to feel good. She was saying that she has always had problems with her weight ect and the hair helps her feel good and it's kinda a security thing now. I can imagine a lot of people feel the same way. It's ashame for people with really fine hair, hair extensions are a god send for them!

I agree. The majority of the uk public have fine hair so I think extensions will stay for a very long time. Besides, Victoria Beckham has gone 'natural' yet, I know the guy supplying her extensions!!

I love fitting extensions && hope that once I've done my hairdressing training I will be busier but right now there are quite a few in my area that fit them therefore making it tough to crack into... Especially when I have had like 4 Facebook friends asking me where I trained, how much etc as they want to train, 'mainly coz they were extensions and their friends so would be good to be able to do it themselves' ... And maybe I'm just being biased towards myself but I would not trust any of these girls with fitting my extensions!!

Anyone who has been doing them a number of years have you noticed its got extremely busy lately? It feels to good to be true to be honest!:D

Anyone who has been doing them a number of years have you noticed its got extremely busy lately? It feels to good to be true to be honest!:D

Definitely, when I first did them it was a luxury but now its a like going to get your hair coloured you do it religiously every couple of months or so x

Latest posts

Back