Will the wonders of Solar Oil never cease??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'chelle

Reaction score
ok first, let me clear this up..............
This might be classed as blog, but I'm interested to see what other useful things solar oil can do, and as it doesnt relate to nail care (since we already know that Solar Oil does that), I've put it here.

Moderators, feel free to smack me on the back of the head if I'm wrong!!

I had a bad day yesterday. I was running round like a lunatic getting stuff ready for my new salon. At the end of the day I was looking forward to a nice hot shower and a lounge in front of the telly. Got in the shower, washed my hair. Reached for the conditioner, none left in the bottle. Never mind, I though I will just put lots of mousse and serum on my hair.

Got out of the shower, no serum left. No mousse left either. Went to daughters bedroom to borrow mousse, she has none either. Now, my hair is extremely long, extremely thick, and curly. If I dont lavish it with conditioner and products, I look like a Jackson Five. So, here's what I did:

I got a mini solar oil from my retail pack (you know the really diddy ones that come in packs of 40). And emptied the lot onto my hair, focusing on the ends. (you have to shake it, it doesnt just pour out). I scrunched it in and let my hair dry naturally.

Today my hair looks better than it ever did!!! I wont do this every time (a bit expensive), but I'll certainly do it again at some point.

So, what else can you do with Solar Oil then??

Kewl :D

I use mine on burns and also on mosquito bites, it works wonders :D

Mrs Geek mentioned on a post a while back about a burns unit in Colorado who use Solar Oil by the gallon as it's been proven to help the healing process of the wounds :D

Mrs Geek mentioned on a post a while back about a burns unit in Colorado who use Solar Oil by the gallon as it's been proven to help the healing process of the wounds :D

I can just see the NHS funding that!! lol.

I had 5 operations late last year and i have been using it on my scars, works great

Kewl :D

I use mine on burns and also on mosquito bites, it works wonders :D

Thats a fab idea, will keep this one in mind!

I use Solar oil for the very dry skin round my nose and on my chin, just a couple of drops onto damp skin seems to work wonders.
Also on my heels, elbows and knees.

So yes I think you can you use Solar oil for loads of different things!:green:

ok first, let me clear this up..............
This might be classed as blog, but I'm interested to see what other useful things solar oil can do, and as it doesnt relate to nail care (since we already know that Solar Oil does that), I've put it here.

Moderators, feel free to smack me on the back of the head if I'm wrong!!

I had a bad day yesterday. I was running round like a lunatic getting stuff ready for my new salon. At the end of the day I was looking forward to a nice hot shower and a lounge in front of the telly. Got in the shower, washed my hair. Reached for the conditioner, none left in the bottle. Never mind, I though I will just put lots of mousse and serum on my hair.

Got out of the shower, no serum left. No mousse left either. Went to daughters bedroom to borrow mousse, she has none either. Now, my hair is extremely long, extremely thick, and curly. If I dont lavish it with conditioner and products, I look like a Jackson Five. So, here's what I did:

I got a mini solar oil from my retail pack (you know the really diddy ones that come in packs of 40). And emptied the lot onto my hair, focusing on the ends. (you have to shake it, it doesnt just pour out). I scrunched it in and let my hair dry naturally.

Today my hair looks better than it ever did!!! I wont do this every time (a bit expensive), but I'll certainly do it again at some point.

So, what else can you do with Solar Oil then??
OMFG,i have to try this on my unruly wavy hair....you mean you actualy poured this from a diidy one on to your hair:eek:....right its a night in washing my hair and throwing out my aveda phomolient:lol:....maybe a trend will start:green::green::lol:

I can just see the NHS funding that!! lol.
Nor me too busy forking out 5 million to pay off Lesley Ash! Im sorry, not being nasty but would she really of earnt that if she could walk properly!? Me thinks not cant really think of anything shes been in apart from the Homebase ad's since MBB!

OOoooooo enough from me!!

I've used it on my hair as well :) - fab

I have found it great for calming the scalp! whenever my husband had a tint - until we switched brands (he is grey but pretends to be a blonde) he would get tingling and a day later a dry flaky scalp, so I used to rub in a small bottle of solar oil, after three hours it was fixed - the stuff is magic !!

she cant walk properly?!?!?! :irked:

i thought the extent of her bad luck was the trout pout! lol.

Nor me too busy forking out 5 million to pay off Lesley Ash! Im sorry, not being nasty but would she really of earnt that if she could walk properly!? Me thinks not cant really think of anything shes been in apart from the Homebase ad's since MBB!

OOoooooo enough from me!!

she cant walk properly?!?!?! :irked:

i thought the extent of her bad luck was the trout pout! lol.
No, she went into hospital after falling out of bed and breaking ribs, apparently she was having wild sex with hubby, tmi, but she said it!! lol
Anyhoo, she caught MRSS a strain of MRSA and its left her having to walk with a stick. It is terrible, but 5 million it just beggars belief it really does, that along with statues costing in excess of £1million, no wonder the NHS is skint!!

This is going off thread now, my bad, sorry Mod's xxxx

I thought it was just 500 thousand she got.

Solar oil - love it! Would bathe in it if I could!

Hayls gave me an idea too. Next time I have a cold and have a sore nose from all that blowing, I'm going to try some on it.

Hmmmm, I'm a bit deaf in one ear at the moment. Dont really want to get syringed. Do you think a couple of drops of solar oil would help?

Marion x

it gives eyebrows a lovely sexy sheen...xx

I bet it would be fab on lumpy lady gardens Angie!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

will i ever live that down....:lol:, but hey now you mention it....:)

will i ever live that down....:lol:,
Not for as long as your heading is Lumpy Lady garden Geek lol. But even when hat goes, t will still probs take a while for the memory to fade!

No, she went into hospital after falling out of bed and breaking ribs, apparently she was having wild sex with hubby, tmi, but she said it!! lol
Anyhoo, she caught MRSS a strain of MRSA and its left her having to walk with a stick. It is terrible, but 5 million it just beggars belief it really does, that along with statues costing in excess of £1million, no wonder the NHS is skint!!

This is going off thread now, my bad, sorry Mod's xxxx
I thought I read that her hubby used to flog her up. Or did she get re-married to someone who keeps his hands to himself?

I thought I read that her hubby used to flog her up. Or did she get re-married to someone who keeps his hands to himself?
No idea what 'flog her up' means, but as I said 'apparently' she fell off the bed and broke ribs and ended up in Hossy!

It was 5million she was awarded.

Beggars belief, but thats all Ive got to say on the matter!

With regards to the Solar Oil debate, you know when you drip a bit of acetone on your nail desk and you have like a faded mark in its place, well I dripped a bit of Solar oil on it, by accident and it has brought the faded bit back to life, it looks like new!

xxxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back