Will these extension photos be putting people off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in no way trained in hair but if I was to get extensions I like it when you see before pictures and the client as shoulder length hair then when the extensions in you can see that the hair is longer I think because the length difference is not that much in before and after photos but tbh I wouldn't worry you will eventually build up your photos and then get more clients that way.

Hey hun I'm an extension tech and your work looks good just the hair quality is letting the pics down.
Like others have said get models in that will use your hair. I did this at first and only charged the hair price and nothing for fitting x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi

Well done for posting and being open to opinions as this is all about learning and progressing. Its good you haven't jumped straight on to clients as so many do after taking a 4-6 hour day course and thinking your a hair extensions expert!

Aside from the client supplying the hair (cheap looks cheap) and blondes are even harder to pull off so don't be out off. For those saying your pictures look fab...sorry but they don't. Not being mean, the clients hair quality aside, the extensions look gappy, stringy and well like extensions. They should look thick, no gaps when straight and even, with movement. These look like cheap bad extensions something it's clear you want to avoid and can.

I would recommend you start sourcing a good hair extensions supplier first, who use 0.8g strands as a minimum, thicker hair, shorter hair needs more grams so 1g strands too.

Then get that dummy head out and practice, practice, practice. You will be amazed at how much you will learn on your own from removing, reapplying 4-5 full heads.

Then try and rope in some friends, mates rates and fit their hair and give them some business cards, post their pics on facebook using your hair, get a backboard with your logo so pics look consistent, professional and worthy of your work.

It does take time to build up a clientele and its hard work but if you can do it. Good luck and hope I've not come across harsh...and just taken as honest, professional advice x

Thanks again for all the help, I've been given great advice! I advertised last night for portfolio models and have 3 bookings already! I'm going to supply the hair so hopefully ill get some good pics!

Thanks again for all the help, I've been given great advice! I advertised last night for portfolio models and have 3 bookings already! I'm going to supply the hair so hopefully ill get some good pics!

That's brilliant

Latest posts

Back