Will this post be acknowledged...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lindseym631

Reaction score
Getting a bit fed up here as anything I say or ask on here has been getting totally disregarded for a while now...

Seriously what's the point? The questions that I've asked get read but not answered, not even 'i can't answer you but hope you find help' replies that you see a lot of.

That's understandable though if my post does not interest anyone but what's actually got to me is being ignored when I try to offer my opinion. My comment has recently been totally disregarded a couple of times. I will comment then others will, thier comments get acknowledged and mine goes by in noticed, that's just plain rude.

There, that's my rant for the evening. I've been very courteous on SG and not complained about anything until now out of respect but I've had enough and am fed up.

Hi Lindsey,
I've just read your post, I'm fairly new to SG/NG myself but felt that I should reply. I'm sorry that you feel that you and your posts are being ignored, I don't know how to help you but I have looked through all of your other posts and they all seem to have lots of replies, maybe you aren't receiving them?
I hope don't get disheartened by this as I've found the site to be really helpful and the Geeks really friendly.
When I've asked for advice I've received it, I haven't always had a response when I've replied to a post but then sometimes it hasn't warranted it or I suppose if you have covered a point well then there has been no reason to reply.
Hope this helps chick xxx

Not to sound horrible, but you have added only just over 100 posts, iv added over 1000 and only get the odd reply.
You will get more once you establish relationships on here, but most of the time then it's just to say the advice was what they would do or to add a little more depth/ simplify the info.
And take a look at the views vs responses on other threads, there's a lot of unregistered people viewing threads so although they count to views there's no response.
Xoxo

Getting a bit fed up here as anything I say or ask on here has been getting totally disregarded for a while now...

Seriously what's the point? The questions that I've asked get read but not answered, not even 'i can't answer you but hope you find help' replies that you see a lot of.

That's understandable though if my post does not interest anyone but what's actually got to me is being ignored when I try to offer my opinion. My comment has recently been totally disregarded a couple of times. I will comment then others will, thier comments get acknowledged and mine goes by in noticed, that's just plain rude.

There, that's my rant for the evening. I've been very courteous on SG and not complained about anything until now out of respect but I've had enough and am fed up.

Specifically, what posts/replies do you feel have been ignored?

Don't be fed up :( just consider all the fab advice SG has been a massive inspiration to me and hopefully to you as mentioned above very few get replies:)
I'm that dumb I don't even know if my posts display as I seem to post but never see them.
Keep at it fellow Geek xxxx

Chin up lovely i think sometimes we all feel a bit like weve written invisible answers from those new to sg and those whove been around a while. Dont take it personally hun :)

I hope that we all answer and acknowledge each other based on replies and questions asked and not the amount of posts weve written or who we're friendly with. And equally hope that on the most part we thank and appreciate everyone who takes the time to respond :)

Keep with it lovely sg is fab! There will be times you need a break and other times you wont get by without your sg fix :)

Love n hugs x x x

In my experience posts that get fewer responses:

- are posted on weekend or strange hours when fewer people are online, getting bumped onto next page.

- don't have a clear question or are more of a statement.

- are asking a question that has only just been asked within the previous day and answered thoroughly.

- are asking questions that are very broad ie "how do I start a business".

-are too long and not well spaced.

- could be answered by using search function.

Hopefully this helps, just my experience from when I joined.

I personally only have limited free time at mo am waiting for bath to run hence on here!

So when I do come on I mostly browse but it does annoy me that ppl do not use the search facility and get annoyed with seeing the same questions asked day in day out.

I only reply to questions I've not seen posted for a while.

Hi!
Sorry you feel like this and hope these replies have helped.
Maybe you've not seen all the replies on other threads for some reason, because it looks like all but one had a good response.

hi there, sorry to hear you feel like this :( im new to salon geek and have found it so useful and people really helpful, i no myself i may click on a thread but if i am not sure or dont think i can answer i dont but dont mean to offend anyone, i no i will be more aware now if i see posts with no replies even if just to say hello xx:hug:

You will get more once you establish relationships on here,
Xoxo

From what you have said members on SG have to establish relationships on here to get answers, otherwise replies to questions won't be forthcoming! Why do you say this? If I had an answer to any question or an opinion I would say. Obviously I couldn't for everyone! I have established any relationships with anyone on this site, no reason for that. I need advice. I give advice or my opinion.

I believe your opinion is off key! It gives a bad message to people! Do you only give a comprehensive rely to your established relationships on here? Would you not give me a comprehensive reply as I don't fall in your circle on here?

Try not to feel ignored, there could be a million innocent reasons why you feel there are a lack of answers or acknowledgement to your posts.

In my experience posts that get fewer responses:

- are posted on weekend or strange hours when fewer people are online, getting bumped onto next page.

- don't have a clear question or are more of a statement.

- are asking a question that has only just been asked within the previous day and answered thoroughly.

- are asking questions that are very broad ie "how do I start a business".

-are too long and not well spaced.

- could be answered by using search function.

Hopefully this helps, just my experience from when I joined.

I think staceymackey has given a great explanation here as to why some threads can be overlooked. Weekends are never busy on here and threads can drop down the boards qite quickly, and we all know that hardly anyone looks past page 1 ;)
Also this weekend being a Bank Holiday here in the UK and it has been quieter than usual.
So as an example the odds on someone being logged on that used the couch/bed that the OP posted about would be very slim.

As for people not acknowledging your posts in amongst others who they do thank, yes, that is rude, but it happens all the time to all of us :irked:
I used to get quite annoyed too, especially when I had spent a bit of time researching and posting my answer, but hey I now just think well some other person might have found it helpful even if the OP didn't!
Also now people seem to geek more and more from their phones, they keep their posts and answers brief and won't post at all if they don't know the answer or can't help.

Hope all our replies to this help :hug:

From what you have said members on SG have to establish relationships on here to get answers, otherwise replies to questions won't be forthcoming! Why do you say this? If I had an answer to any question or an opinion I would say. Obviously I couldn't for everyone! I have established any relationships with anyone on this site, no reason for that. I need advice. I give advice or my opinion.

I believe your opinion is off key! It gives a bad message to people! Do you only give a comprehensive rely to your established relationships on here? Would you not give me a comprehensive reply as I don't fall in your circle on here?

Ohh I forgot another reason:

- Threads deteriorate into squabbles when we read something that was not being said, and most geeks then choose to ignore the entire thread. x

Ohh I forgot another reason:

- Threads deteriorate into squabbles when we read something that was not being said, and most geeks then choose to ignore the entire thread. x

I always read the squabbling ones, cant help myself, tend to keep out of it though.

Maybe shorten your questions a bit sometimes if the question doesn't pop up when you hover over before its opened i know i cant always be bothered to look.

Also if you get one answer and its the right one noone will add to it especially if its one of the more experienced geeks or someone who is really associated with a certain brand or therapy.Because they usually know all there is to tell you.

Sorry if it came accross wrong, that was for when you post a reply to a thread and don't get a acknowledgment that you replied.
But I do feel you get more replies once people have an idea what you do/use, which is establishing anrelationship which is why I'm saying 100 posts wouldn't give many people a chance to work this out xoxo

100 posts, you lost me on that one! Is there a set number? I don't remember reading that when I signed up?

Anyway, its not that important. Just confused to be honest!

100 posts, you lost me on that one! Is there a set number? I don't remember reading that when I signed up?

Anyway, its not that important. Just confused to be honest!

I never said there was a minimum, so I really can't see where that comes from. if you re read closer and slower it's clear that people wouldn't have worked out what she uses and does from the amount of posts done, so some won't reply because of this.
And the op stated acknowledgment to replies, I'm stating that not many people do until a relationship, be it friendly or just knowledge of systems brings allong replies. But hey, I don't know anything do I? Nah just a northerner me.
Xoxo

I never said there was a minimum, so I really can't see where that comes from. if you re read closer and slower it's clear that people wouldn't have worked out what she uses and does from the amount of posts done, so some won't reply because of this.
And the op stated acknowledgment to replies, I'm stating that not many people do until a relationship, be it friendly or just knowledge of systems brings allong replies. But hey, I don't know anything do I? Nah just a northerner me.
Xoxo

Just hold on there there's nothing wrong with being a northerner. I can see what you mean though I get lots more replies now I've been on here a while but like wise I also reply more often

Just hold on there there's nothing wrong with being a northerner. I can see what you mean though I get lots more replies now I've been on here a while but like wise I also reply more often

Lol I know, I'm one haha. Glad someone understands what I mean xoxo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back