Will you be using nail screens once UK lockdown is lifted?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlotteellen3

Charlotte
Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope you are doing okay and staying safe!

Just wanted to ask, will you be using nail screens once this lockdown has lifted? (i appreciate we dont know when lockdown will end just yet)

When we were allowed to re-open previously i had a huge acrylic screen on my manicure table and also wore my mask and visor. I know the advice was that you dont need to use both but i was so conscious of showing clients how seriously i take their h&s. Over lockdown my acrylic screen actually shattered and now im wondering whether to replace the screen (especially since the prices have come down) - the main reason im considering replacing the screen is to make clients feel more at ease with that extra barrier even though i have seen on the professional beauty website that it does not make a difference.

Please let me know what you will be doing when we are able to reopen, thank you :)

I will definitely use mine for the foreseeable future as an extra safety measure, I will think we all will need to feel as safe as possible for as long as it takes really. Our insurers and govt guidelines will probably play a role in our safe re opening anyway.

Plus not all will be vaccinated by the time we finally open our doors.

For me every safety measure will remain unless we are told that we can relax them and then it's my choice to use or not.

I have been using one since the end of the last lockdown, in addition to visor and mask. It does annoy me but clients feel more comfortable with it there.

I think I will still use mine to be honest. Took me several goes to find one that I am finally happy with . Covid or no covid makes clients feels better and lets face it may help tp protect you from all those colds etc :) . No brainer for me https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08DJ8HV62/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hi ladies the screens are they suitable for mobile techs? Just wondering as hubby was going to make me one for reopening but thinking it would be difficult to manage with taking to clients homes and carrying to and forth the car. Are any of you mobile and using the screens?

Hi ladies the screens are they suitable for mobile techs? Just wondering as hubby was going to make me one for reopening but thinking it would be difficult to manage with taking to clients homes and carrying to and forth the car. Are any of you mobile and using the screens?

They scratch really easily and unless you can leave a clear plastic layer on both sides of the screen it will become unsightly after a few trips in and out of houses.
Plus bear in mind disinfection, in between clients may be more awkward with being mobile. Some people have very little space and live in absolute clutter so that may be quite hard work. You know your clients though and their individual set ups.

I am a home salon , but due to their lack of transport I did have a few ladies that were home visit clients because they had been with me for many years.

Since the pandemic I decided not to do mobile nails on my clients because of their risk to me, rather than the other way around ! Untidy, cluttered space, multiple carers or family members in and out all the time. Never open their windows etc..... No thanks it was not a difficult decision to drop them. it was just their individual circumstances really, not the job they required.

In my situation as I have stated I aren't doing mobile nails , however I do one home visit pedicure. She wears a mask and visor- provided by herself. I wear mask and visor or safety specs and disposable apron and that's enough. Her windows are open and she lives alone, so I feel very safe. She also provides her own towels. and bowl. She's an absolute gem !

Hope that helps.

I am mobile & could never see myself using a screen. I have enough to carry & sometimes if an elderly client is infirm, I sit in front of them without a table between us so would have nowhere to put a screen. As RosieR has said too, they scratch quite easily so you’re more likely to damage them with being mobile.
The guidelines state that a screen or visor can be used, you won’t get any more benefit from using both.

Latest posts

Back