window decoration

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
I've got a lovely big window but its above a hairdressers.

I've got a quote to get it vinyled with my biz name in it, but he's gone off to oz for a month's holiday so won't get it done until end of Feb.

I've put some felt hearts in it to represent valentines day, but it looks quite childish.

the hairdressers downstairs have lovely professional banner style posters which they obviously get from their hair reps.

I wondered if anyone knew where to get similar but to advertise massage, or any other suggestions?

I also considered printing off A4 letters, cutting them out and laminating them but think that would look amateurish.

At the moment I am not using any professional range, so can't beg, steal or borrow from reps as I haven't got any reps at the moment.

I know I shouldnt say it but have you tried ebay hun?
As long as you dont buy a poster that advertises a brand your not using.

Had a think about the Valentines window, what about a heart garland or heart shapes hanging down on wire/cotton what ever's less visible.
Maybe heart shaped fairy lights to light it up when it's dark.

I agree with Ria, you could get some fab stuff on the bay!
I would go with the A4 size letters maybe spelling out LOVE? In red, laminated and threaded together with fishing wire.
I love the felt hearts idea, very sort of folky, shabby chic ish!

Loads of shabby chic heart stuff on ebay, I got a bunch of stuff for door handles and my my kitchen!?

Another thing would be for you to have some Vinyl graphics made up, just to make do until the bloke comes back from Oz!? I got some made up for my car, yes I got them from ebay lol! They were only £2, so I shouldnt think it would cost too much!

hth's xxxxxxx

For a simple but effective way to dress your window display for Valentine's Day, why not try some hanging foil decorations ... they're available from most party shops, and probably don't cost too much either.

For a simple but effective way to dress your window display for Valentine's Day, why not try some hanging foil decorations ... they're available from most party shops, and probably don't cost too much either.

excellent idea hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

why not ask to use some of the downstairs space in the window ?? i used to have my home salon upstairs and had the signs in the wiondow and no one ever noticed it :confused:
even if you only use a 1/4 of the space just to let people know that you are actually upstairs
also ask em if you can stick adverts up in the salon and that you will do the same for them
hth xxx

thanks guys! good advice, as per usual.

Have got my eye on a poster with suckers.
will play around with lettering too.

got an hour or so tomorrow so will look at card shops and stuff too.

I have done it on the cheap,
got some red holographic card and cut out lots of hearts, glued them together so they were red on both sides, i have hung these in the window from a string of fairy lights
on the glass door i used a sheet of valentines wrapping paper and on that i have stuck a sheet of paper that i have word processed

VALENTINES
GIFT
VOUCHERS
AVAILABLE
HERE
the wording is in red with a pale pink back ground and i have cut it out in the shape of a heart and stuck it to the sheet of wrapping paper,
i will do something similar for mothers day too hth

ooh you clever thing !! :hug:

I have done it on the cheap,
got some red holographic card and cut out lots of hearts, glued them together so they were red on both sides, i have hung these in the window from a string of fairy lights
on the glass door i used a sheet of valentines wrapping paper and on that i have stuck a sheet of paper that i have word processed

VALENTINES
GIFT
VOUCHERS
AVAILABLE
HERE
the wording is in red with a pale pink back ground and i have cut it out in the shape of a heart and stuck it to the sheet of wrapping paper,
i will do something similar for mothers day too hth

Sounds like a pearl idea :)

What about some valentines helium balloons that can be seen floating in the window? x

Latest posts

Back