Window display

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chlo

Reaction score
Hi,

I have had a look at previous threads but nothing much really comes up.

I am really not crafty and creative in any sense at all:( but would love to put a summer time window display together even something basic.

Had a look on the internet but was all for big shops etc

Has anyone got any ideas of props etc and where do shops buy window display panels from, they look like mdmf wood things with wallpaper on but you can buy them ready made.

Any help would be great

Thanks

I used to do all my own displays but it does get pretty expensive. I contacted a party decorating company and asked them if they would do my window in exchange for them advertising in it and having their leaflets/cards in my salon. They do it every couple of months now.

You could search for school and library displays for inspiration?

Goggling 'visual merchandising' might bring up some help... try team it up with keywords like 'salon- beauty- summer- props- mobiles' whatever really, I find that random searches usually come good pretty quick :)

Once you've done a few searches you might find names for tools of the VM trade that you can search for in eBay/Amazon ect.

Lindsey x

Thank you everyone that's brilliant!

I used to do all my own displays but it does get pretty expensive. I contacted a party decorating company and asked them if they would do my window in exchange for them advertising in it and having their leaflets/cards in my salon. They do it every couple of months now.

What kind of party decoring company someone who does functions or things? Sorry I probably sound really thick! Also if you don't mind me asking what kind of price range roughly

Thank you

I often find really good display stuff in garden centres...I always have a theme and over the years add bits and bobs...I also have some clear plastic stands that I have had for years and they are quite useful. x

Hi
I got a brochure sent from a company called Morplan and in it are some window display panels in different themes - they hang from a little pole. Maybe google them and have a look. I only got the brochure as I ordered some bags and tissue paper from them, they do retail display stuff and shop fittings etc. They were reasonably priced for the bags and tissue. I saw a shop window with flip flops and sunglasses next to a pic of a tanned person (spray tan ad) and that looked good too, if you do spray tans your solution company might have some posters you could use?
Choccy x x

Thank your everyone all your tips and ideas are great really appreciate it! Going to have a look at Morplan site now. Thank you

Yes we also had a beach theme in our salon window bucket and spade, sand miniature deck chair. Once you get started you can't stop lol !

Ooh this is very interesting has given me so inspiration.

Latest posts

Back