Wisdom tooth extraction op....recovery time ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Emmsybabes~

Reaction score
PLEASE DON'T TELL ME ABOUT HOW MUCH IT HURT....
Ok senario is.....I AM IN TOOTH AGONY....
I NEED to get it out asap...
I have a appt booked for the consultation to have 2 removed on the 10th of november....this is JUST the consultation....
I really really can't wait much longer, one of them is so sore,
I went to the doctor today he gave me strong painkillers, they just made me dizzy, sick and I still had toothache...

Only one of the teeth is REALLY bothering me...
I am wondering wether to try and get an emergency appointment now or friday....
But will I then be in even more pain for the event ???

Please don't tell me how much it hurt...
(I am petrified of the dentist)
Just how long it took to heal...
was it ok the same day,...Or a few days, weeks what ???

I CANT COPE WITH IT
:cry:​

I can'y even swallow, Its like someone is pulling the nerve ......
the minute my kids go up them stairs Im gunna be crying I know it ...

I've not had a wisdom tooth out in hospital but have had 2 out at the dentist with no problems at all honest! Just a couple of local anasthetic injections and the tooth came straight out. It ached for a while but nothing serious.
Good luck hth x :hug:

Emms - I aint going to lie to you.

I had to have all 4 of mine out at the hospital under general anesthetic - well - I had to have 2 full weeks off sick from work after, so you can probably guess the rest. I too had to suffer for a full 2 years before they would agree to take them out.

But I do know of others that were absolutely fine with no problems at all. I think it all depends on how they are growing.

I was told 11 years ago they had to come out....... they havent seen me since lol

I have had this now for 3 years, but this pain now is ridiculous !
If I have this still at the weekend there is no way I will be able to learn a thing...
I have walked round all day with my hand on my cheek...pressing...
This is just omfg pain now though....

I want it out right now really badly. :cry:

To be honest, theres not much tooth left there to pull out, Its just like a big hole now...:cry:

I wont be able to concentrate with the toothache, But I'll be stuffed if I have it out before hand

oh god thats awfull, you poor thing.
Have you tried some clove oil?
I know this is awfull advice but I use to find crunshing pain killers as I took them on the tooth helped. pressure seems to help with the pain, I also use to use humbugs for this but not such a good idea when you have a hole in it!!! if all else fails, there is always vodka :) on the tooth I mean!! think its ment to be whisky but I hate the stuff

I have had this now for 3 years, but this pain now is ridiculous !
If I have this still at the weekend there is no way I will be able to learn a thing...
I have walked round all day with my hand on my cheek...pressing...
This is just omfg pain now though....

I want it out right now really badly. :cry:

To be honest, theres not much tooth left there to pull out, Its just like a big hole now...:cry:

I wont be able to concentrate with the toothache, But I'll be stuffed if I have it out before hand

Get an emergency appointment tomorrow.

You may need antibiotics or maybe they can take it out. If it comes out it may well be sore, but nothing like you are suffering now. If they give you antibiotics they will work quite quickly.:hug::hug::hug:

omg poor you, there is nothing worse than toothache or earache, go to the dentist tomorrow, get an emergency appointment. You should not have to suffer like this...:hug:

Ive had one like yours hun, hardly any tooth but pain for england,
i went to the dentist he numbed it up made a very small cut in my gum and just flicked it straight out, no pulling or anything like that,
gave me 1 stitch for the cut and some antibiotics,
i came home and rested for the day, once the numbness had worn off it felt very swollen (i did use whiskey to take swelling down) but by lunch time the next day i felt loads better and not in half as much pain hth :hug:

Have you tried some clove oil?
Yup hun, have tried that I think I am immune to it after the last few months lol

I know this is awfull advice but I use to find crunshing pain killers as I took them on the tooth helped.
There isn't really a tooth there now hun, the hole is massive..there is only like one tiny corner of tooth left...
there is always vodka :) on the tooth I mean!! think its ment to be whisky but I hate the stuff
don't drink lol, so have no alcohol...I could manage a voddy or two right now though I think

You may need antibiotics or maybe they can take it out.
See I have been to the dentist 3 times in the last few weeks...They never she never mentioned an infection or nothing in it....just referred me to the hospital....each time I went back she would ask me how it was...I would tell her sore....end of !

Ive had one like yours hun, hardly any tooth but pain for england,
Yep...the hole is massive...It's discusting...
i went to the dentist he numbed it up made a very small cut in my gum and just flicked it straight out, no pulling or anything like that,
gave me 1 stitch for the cut and some antibiotics,
Sounds like heaven to me right now !
I have been the doctor today and he was a bit surprised I hadnt been given anything by the dentist....
I explained my pain....He got a lollypop stick and his little torch,
I said "you wont need that to see what I am on about"
Opened my mouth and he was like :eek: yes I see.....

But they are not working....

I am going to try everything I can tomorrow,
I was debating going to the hospital now, but will have to go to warrington, and dont fancy sitting there all night with 2 bored , tired kids :rolleyes:

The pain has subsided now, as long as I keep still and don't kind of suck in my cheeks at all (you know like when you swallow lol)

the best thing is to get it seen to as soon as You can..honest.

Arnica pillules will help with healing afterwards.

LindaC xx

aw I feel so bad for you

I had all four of mine out on the same day at the dentist.

Mouth was a bit sore for 2-3 days, was on a soft diet but no other problems.

One was tricky and I ended up with stitches after they cut it out, but otherwise okay.

I am petrified of the dentist, but was even more worried about being knocked out in hospital so chose the dentists chair instead!

Get an emergency appointment tomorrow.
I agree wholeheartedly... you need this sorting out Emma, the sooner the better :hug:

I suffer with niggling wisdom teeth pain, but nothing like you've got chica.
Get yourself sorted asap xxx

It'll probably depend on what the roots are like as to how easy it'll come out and how you will recover.Teeth can be like icebergs and wisdom teeth can have curly roots and sit well into the jawbone, have you had an xray on it.
If you do get it out they will almost certainly give you anti biotics as a precaution.So make sure you get some you can drink with :)

Emma I had two wisdom teeth out in the space of three years.

1st one I had out, no probs, had antibiotics & healed really well (sore after having it out but painkillers helped).

2nd one i had out last year, proceedure went ok, they didn't give me any antibiotics cause they said they don't give them out anymore, i had horrendous pain which lasted quite a few days, it got infected and then I had to go & have the wound flushed out (VERY painfull) & antibiotics!!

I'm only being honest but the obviously from my experiece the whole thing went really well after having antibiotics from the start.

If you decide to get it sorted do it asap, you can't keep suffering like this. You will have a bit of swelling but it only lasts a day, you will be sore but if you keep your painkillers topped-up this should help.

take care & hope you get it sorted really quickly

xxxx

Poor Emmsy, I'd say get to the dentist tomorrow too to get it out. You can't go on in pain like this hun. Better to get it out, have maybe some pain for a day or two and then get better. I've not had any wisdom teeth out, but have had other molars out (i know wisdom teeth are bigger) After a sleep I've always been fine. Just a bit sore, but within a few days the socket is almost healed.

Hope you get it sorted hun xx

I've just had my second one out! Big sympathy to you - it's a rotten pain.

I've had both extracted at the dentist. First one I asked to be sedated and this time, because moneys tight I was awake. And do you know what? ...It wasn't too bad! Just a bit weird when the dentist started tugging.

To be honest, you should be fine at the dentists. If you have a fear of going, why not ask about sedation? It knocks you out and you're like zombie for hours but the warm fuzzy feeling more than makes up for it!

Good Luck! I hope you feel better soon!
xLx

There's not much worse than having toothache Emms, so best to get it sorted a.s.a.p.

I had one wisdom tooth removed last year, but am such a coward, opted to be sedated so that I was unaware of what was going on. When I came round, it was all over and I was none the wiser.

Good luck hun :hug: xx

Had to be knocked out for 2 of mine and had stitches and was only off a couple of days. that was only because I was a bt operator at the time and wouldn't have been able to speak all day.
other 2 were taken out by dentist slept for the rest of the day and was fine the following day.
you really should get it sorted asap:hug:
oh and tooth fairy really spoils you for having wisdom teeth out:)

Latest posts

Back