Women’s VCTC Hairdressing Level 2 Certificate?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Amyloudon

Mane Attraction Hair Extensions
Reaction score
Hi lovely ladies & gents,
Its a long time since i was last on here. I lost my job due to COVID and have started up my hair extension business which im loving again :).
I cam across this course at my local college, Its and VCTC level 2 certificate (not diploma) and is a part time/1 year course. I'm considering doing this as i would get it funded due to not earning anything at the moment, and i think it will really compliment my hair extension skills. I've been told by the college that i would be able to start working in a salon once qualified. I just wanted to check this out with the professionals here. I appreciate its not as good as NVQ? i'd just like some insight please before i book. I really appreciate any help given.
Course content below for reference:
Units Covered:

• Advise and consult with Clients
  • Blow dry and style hair
  • Colour and lighten
  • Cut ladies hair
  • Health, Safety and Hygiene
  • Set and dress hair
  • Shampoo and condition, treat the hair and scalp
  • Style hair with electrical equipment
xx

Haircutz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you lost your Job.

Realistically, a level 2 is the basic level of qualification so you’re unlikely to get a salon taking you on as a Junior Stylist until you have completed further studies (level 3) and have at least 6 months salon experience under your belt.

However, on the plus side, as you’re an experienced extensionist, after completing your level 2 you might be able to get some salon work offering extensions and gradually build up your experience from there.

Unfortunately, post Covid, I think it’s very difficult to predict the job market so I think it makes sense to increase your options through additional qualifications. :)

Latest posts