Wondering if the CUBAN MANICURE will at last become popular

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ollieninh

Reaction score
I have heard that there is a bit of a reappearance of the Cuban Manicure in the Miami USA area this year.
I have always held the opinion that the mother of our current bloom in Nail Art is the original two color manicures.
The French Manicure calling for a pale pink middle with a pure white tip.
The American Manicures most natural tone holding a whisper of pink and clear.
Then for years OP has promoted their Two Tones (which many just refer to a Tips) such as the Hawiian Tip, which is based on using two differing light shades of color.
And this year OPI has been promoting the two color British Manicure.
And a style that has never caught on big and the black and white manicures, such as evidenced in the Creative acrylics Tuxudo Nails.
No real black and whites with OPI as OPI blacks are not actually blacks, but are purple/black and brown/black. For pure black I use the inexpensive Sation black.
Well all this time the Cuban Manicure has been around. Originaled in the salons of Havana Cuba pre-Castro years and has been occasionally seen in Miami mostly on the nails of older Cuban women. But now, word has it that the Cuban Mainicure is regaining popluaritly with the younger cliental and who knows, the look just might take off and become widespread this time.
The Cuban Manicure is about a screaming red middle band, the redder the brighter, the bolder, the better, with pearly white tips and pearly white painted moons.
I find the most easy method to paint them is to paint the entire nail white and then paint over the tip and the moon with white.
Be certain to do a good job on the cuticle for best results.
Give it a try, it just may be the newest trend.

Sawasdee ka

When you do one next time can you take photo and i can see internet please i like to see too much .

Kop khun ka mui

I see that I had written """""I find the most easy method to paint them is to paint the entire nail white and then paint over the tip and the moon with white.
"""""""
sorry
I meant I find the most easy method is to paint the entire nail white and then paint over the middle portion with the red.
I am
aware that some do the opposite
paint the entire nail red and then paint the moon and tip white.

Some Europen ladies still like this look.
I believe Imelda Marcos always had her nails painted like this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back