Woo hoo, I love Threading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinkingorgeous

Reaction score
chit chat chit chat lol

Am sooooo excited, just had my threading course today and I LOVE it :) Its the best think since sliced bread, got alot of practise to do but I am as pleased as punch. Im shattered but happy

hello all you threaders out there, Iv joined the club :green:

hiya ohhh you sound soooo happy i was thinking of doing a threading course but to be honest i was put off after i got my brows threaded!! maybe you could advise me with whats happened!!

basically i usually just wax them myself and i was at a show with my friend and they were needing tidied so i thought ohhh threading im curious so thought il get it done now my brows are a really great natural shape i only need to TIDY them so i told the woman just tidy them dont want them to thin and she said i wouldnt even feel it welllllllll....... my god i felt this i was in agony not only could i feel the hairs getting ripped out i could hear them getting ripped out and she more or less skinned me alive she trimmed them right down with scissors then just threaded half my hair away i actually felt like id had botox or something as they felt so tight

so they have grown back in and it has been a nightmare the hair at the end is so scarce and they are all over the place they have never been as bad as this so i decided the threading was so harsh thats how they have been left like this even my friend who does my brows when i cant be bothered to commented on how bad they were its as if its damaged the hairs

do you think the woman did it wrong or something else shes done?? as to be honest as soon as someone says threading now i cringe lol x

hiya ohhh you sound soooo happy i was thinking of doing a threading course but to be honest i was put off after i got my brows threaded!! maybe you could advise me with whats happened!!

basically i usually just wax them myself and i was at a show with my friend and they were needing tidied so i thought ohhh threading im curious so thought il get it done now my brows are a really great natural shape i only need to TIDY them so i told the woman just tidy them dont want them to thin and she said i wouldnt even feel it welllllllll....... my god i felt this i was in agony not only could i feel the hairs getting ripped out i could hear them getting ripped out and she more or less skinned me alive she trimmed them right down with scissors then just threaded half my hair away i actually felt like id had botox or something as they felt so tight

so they have grown back in and it has been a nightmare the hair at the end is so scarce and they are all over the place they have never been as bad as this so i decided the threading was so harsh thats how they have been left like this even my friend who does my brows when i cant be bothered to commented on how bad they were its as if its damaged the hairs

do you think the woman did it wrong or something else shes done?? as to be honest as soon as someone says threading now i cringe lol x

Oh my goodness poor you, well, obviously Im no expert seeing as Iv only done my course today :lol: But I would say it was more down to the "Threaders" technique rather than the art of threading. I was told on my course that it can be uncomfortable/painful if the threader is new and the more experience the less painful. However, we practised on each others arms before we were let loose on brows and "ow wowser" was that painful (the arms) but the brows were absolutely fine, my brows only needed a tidy up and I was worried about someone new experimenting on my brows but the trainer was fab and kept a very close eye on us, my brows are perfect and my fellow colleagues were perfect too, definately not too thin. I would say that the lady who threaded yours didnt listen to you and was a bit gun ho!!!!! You can hear the knot in the thread sliding back and forth and that can be a bit disconcerting for the client, eep Im not sure what else to say, I hope that helps, I would def give it another go with an experienced threader, it really is fab, I suppose its like any therapist, some are fab at what they do and some not so :irked: Please try it again, its brill :green:

hiya i know i thought that because i thought god shes did the total opposite to what i wanted so i suppose thats the type of threader she is lol she was quite busy at the show and there was a queue so to be honest i think i was just a number and she made me hold my eyelid shut and stretch it and my mascara was rubbing into my eyes:(

I have been asked if I do threading a few times, so a couple of weeks ago when I was out shopping I ended up having my brows threaded. I'm VERY used to having them waxed and usually do my own. The pain with threading was hideous!!!!! My eyes were streaming, mascara all over my face...and I had to stretch my own eyelids and brows too. I had decided there and then I would not have them threaded again, BUT...then I saw them...they look flippin fabulous!!!!!

If you can't beat 'em......!:green:

Glad you enjoyed your course, I've been doing threading for a couple of years and having eyebrows and lip done for somewhere around 10 years.

Absolutely love it!

You won't regret it

:)

maybe Im a gentle threader!!! have just done hubbys brows (and you know what men are like) and he was fine with it - he didnt like it when I did his arms but the brows were a doddle and he didnt flinch at all :lol:

I am a complete wuss and have the pain threshold of a worm and honestly my brows were fine, a lil tingly but NOTHING compared to my arms :lol:

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT :lol::lol::lol:

you do have to get the client to stretch their own eye area as you only have two hands both of which are tied up with the thread - so to speak xx lol

I think the problem comes when people try to rush, to fit more people in.

I must be gentle as well as people tell me it doesn't hurt it's just a funny sensation.

Oh and don't press to hard on the skin

I have one lady come every 6-8 weeks to have her whole face done!
She has downy hair all over her face and she is really pleased with the results.

I only get the client to pull their eye if absolutely necessary, you can do a fair bit without the skin being pulled taut.

Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has had a bad experience...I too wanted to do a threading course but thought before I did it I should go and try out having it done first. Needless to say this put me off totally, it hurt OWCH OWCH OWCH... I usually have my brows waxed and don't find this painful, I think the worse bit was not only was it hurting but it took AGES too....like 10-15mins. I had it done right in the middle of a BIG, very well known shopping centre that just happens to be just up the road from me...big mistake....not only did it cost me £20 but...OWCH!...
Look like I'll have to try again with someone else as people here say it shouldn't hurt!

Anyway...back to OP...good luck in the future with your threading :D xx

Latest posts

Back