Word Doc Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
Hi guys. Can someone tell me how I keep a template for my invoice so that it stays the same when I type in it?

Ok, I know how to save it as a PDF but then I can't type the invoice details in it.

If I just save it in Word, then it moves everything. Hope I'm making myself clear.

Thanks. Kim:irked:

Do you mean that the text shifts when you type more in?

If I was going to make an invoice template in word I would insert a table into the document so it all stays in line, and you can make the lines invisable afterwards if you prefer.

Hope that makes sense

Hi Kim...

You can pop address box, details columns etc in as text boxes and columns . These wont move if you use the space bar in between.
Failing that I find excel is a bit easier to layout invoices etc as you can see the cells are lined up...

You can edit PDF files with a program called PDF EDITOR (free download off interweb) :)

Do it in excel. Far better for layout, editing without shifting etc.

If you type your word document up, and set everything in the position you want on your page, you should then select SAVE AS.... and use the scroll buttons to choose save as TEMPLATE, this should be what you need.

Good luck! :)

Thanks all, I'll give it a go. xox

Latest posts

Back