Wordpress

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbyrazz

Reaction score
I'm using it to build my website and its looking good so far. However, I can't seem to find a gallery Widget that I like or can figure out.
Are any of your websites built on WordPress with a gallery? If so can I have a nosy at the galleries you use? :)

I'm using it to build my website and its looking good so far. However, I can't seem to find a gallery Widget that I like or can figure out.
Are any of your websites built on WordPress with a gallery? If so can I have a nosy at the galleries you use? :)

Have you found one you like but struggling to get it to work properly?

There have been one's i've "preferred" to the one I have and haven't been able to figure them out. But not really one that I want! I'm so fussy lol

NextGen gallery seems to be the plugin of choice - I use it on a few sites I've created, and it does the job even if it's a little finicky some times.

WordPress Gallery Plugin | NextGEN Gallery

I will second that but the OP wants an "on rollover" "on hover" state, alot of the plugins can be a little glitchy using this method, I would advise going for a CSS3 option or dumping the rollover/hover state.

If you were to buy a plugin, off the top of my head then magicbox is probably the best for a rollover/hover gallery but its £25 for 1 licence, CSS is free but it comes back to experience levels on CSS followed by experience on WP to implement it.

you just said a whole load of stuff that went over my head lol.

I actually quite like that one...

This is a css rollover gallery

Simple CSS Gallery: Image & Text Rollover | M5 Design Studio

With CSS you can style it with the exact colour you want, the size you want the images, both thumbnails and large image.

Basically CSS gives you much better control over the design of the page, where a WP plugin will use "js" which is not only sometimes large file sizes but can cause glitches and conflicts.

I've installed that one and even figured out how to work it (go me!). Seems to be working well although I have now realised that I really need a better camera :|

Thank you both. :hug:

If you were to buy a plugin, off the top of my head then magicbox is probably the best for a rollover/hover gallery but its £25 for 1 licence, CSS is free but it comes back to experience levels on CSS followed by experience on WP to implement it.

Have you got a link for that one? I've tried googling but not come up with anything that looks relevant - could come in useful!

Thanks, I deal with a lot of Wordpress sites outside of my job, and gallery images are always an annoyance!

I've not been able to update my wordpress site since june..any ideas?

Yeah I can still log in to admin, I go on the page, change my text click update and then it brings up an error screen. I've tried finding a way to contact wordpress but didn't have any luck.

Yeah I can still log in to admin, I go on the page, change my text click update and then it brings up an error screen. I've tried finding a way to contact wordpress but didn't have any luck.

Are you usings TinyMCE for your editor? if you could please give use the error too, just copy and paste it if poss

Latest posts

Back