Wordpress

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allthingsbeautyx

Reaction score
Hi! Does anybody on here 'do' up Wordpress pages and know much about SEO. I'm all set up with them but I'm so useless at things like this and need a helping hand.

If you want to customise a theme on Wordpress you can get someone via the Freelancer site - People Per Hour (same with SEO).
It will probably cost from about £100.
It gives you the option to ask for examples of their work- most people have their own websites for you to view as they are just freelancers working from home/small offices so don't have the overheads as bigger businesses.
I buy and sell on there and highly recommend it

Hiya - we have done several WordPress websites for fellow members on this site and we also do SEO. You might see a few of your fellow geeks on our portfolio - http://www.penguin-pages.co.uk/portfolio/

It really depends what you want. We don't use themes like 98% of other companies and all of the freelancing sites. All the sites we do are bespoke. I'd say a website can be your top avenue for bringing you clients in so it's not something to skimp on.

Last edited:
We don't use themes like 98% of other companies and all of the freelancing sites. All the sites we do are bespoke.

I understand that you want to promote your own business, completely understandable, but it's totally incorrect (and unfair) to say that that "98% of other companies and all of the freelancing sites" use themes. If someone wants 'bespoke' there are plenty of people out there willing to do it!

I understand that you want to promote your own business, completely understandable, but it's totally incorrect (and unfair) to say that that "98% of other companies and all of the freelancing sites" use themes. If someone wants 'bespoke' there are plenty of people out there willing to do it!
It's not incorrect, it's from our experience. They may use a template as a base and hack it to pieces so it's different to a degree, but it's still normally a theme from somewhere like theme forest and someone else's code.

I like themes, they are quick and easy. My problem with them is there is a great varying quality in the way they are made.

Hi! Does anybody on here 'do' up Wordpress pages and know much about SEO. I'm all set up with them but I'm so useless at things like this and need a helping hand.

What specifically do you need to do? SEO is just a blanket term for getting your website to show up in search engine results to the kind of clients you want (usually local) so there are quite a few ways to do this.It's actually a lot easier than it used to be, but worth paying if you need a lot of website visitors.

I am interested to see the comments here as having the same issues..

Latest posts

Back