Work experience, would you do promotions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen889

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm taking on a beauty therapist for their work experience. They will be with me for two weeks full time. This is my first time having someone on work experience, since its "free labour" would you put out special promotions to ensure she's busy? This is what I am thinking of doing but am unsure if its the right thing. For those who have experience with this, how did you make sure the person was busy? Its so quiet right now at the spa so I know she will be sitting around doing nothing if I don't try something to get clients in the door for her.

Thanks in advance for your help!! :)

Definitely pop a post up on Facebook mentioning a few free appointments with your new therapist at a discounted price, make sure to mention she's fully qualified.
Or if you have regular clients you know are easy going, when they call to book an appointment, mention her and ask her if they'd be willing to book in with her instead at a discounted price to build her confidence.

Do u know if she's actually capable of carrying out services?

I do, she's fully capable of all services. Manicure, pedicure, facials and waxing.

Ooo fab urs I would put out some sort of marketing, if she's free then you've nothing to loose really :)

Well that's what I'm thinking :p its free labor and essentially extra income for me. Would you do percentage off or set discounted prices? I'm not sure what would be better

Personally I'd set discounted prices probably, as a consumer I find it hard to work out discounts so would probably not bother if I saw say 20% off etc but that's just me

Perfect,thanks for the help! :)

just a thought, but if she is still at college she might not be qualified just yet.... so you may find your insurance will be invalid and not cover her or you , if a claim is made. you may get around it if she has been signed off particular units ie manicure or pedicure, and you could get a covering letter from the college. depends on what chances you want to take.x

I'm not in the UK, it works differently for our insurance here. Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back