Work from home or rent premises?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The salon is teeny tiny. A reasonable sized reception area and just one room behind it. The girl in there is planning to pack it in. The premises aren’t hers though. I’m sure she pays a lease/rent for the premises. I’m happy and reassured now that working from home is the way to go for now, and maybe always.
If she's leaving the industry or moving away, she might be willing to refer her clients (or some of them) to you. Might still be worth a chat with her? Or even to work a few shifts when she's not there to build - again, if she's not bringing all of her clients with her to where she's going.

After reading through this thread I was so pleased you have decided to stick to your home salon :) it sounds like you knew deep down what was best for you at this time, but just needed a bit of reassurance.

It's also lovely reading the comments from others who are happy and successful in their home salons. I took voluntary redundancy last year to put all my efforts into building my beauty and nail business from home, moving from a small room in the house, to our fully converted garage/workshop at the end of the garden. It's still early days as I'd also had a long break from the industry, but I absolutely LOVE working from home, being my own boss and deciding when I work. I work at my own pace and allow decent gaps between clients to nip in the house to let the dogs out or put a wash on etc. My home is down a country lane and isn't even on a bus route, but as yet Im not aware of it putting clients off as I have plenty of off street parking right next to the salon, so in fact it's probably more convenient than a lot of high street salons.

You can definitely create a very professional salon environment at home. There will always be clients that prefer to go to the larger high street style salons, but I think equally as many who are just as happy to go to a professional, friendly Therapist/hairdresser at their home.
Good luck :)

If she's leaving the industry or moving away, she might be willing to refer her clients (or some of them) to you. Might still be worth a chat with her? Or even to work a few shifts when she's not there to build - again, if she's not bringing all of her clients with her to where she's going.

I’m happy sticking with my original plan. There are several reasons why the salon premises wouldn’t suit me right now. Thank you for reading and commenting.

Thank you for all the replies. It’s always good to hear others thoughts and good to get reassurance too. Thank you!

So glad to hear you've made your decision! You will love working from home, but it's good to consider all options thoroughly to let go of that feeling of missing out on something else. Very excited for you and wishing you great success!!! :D

Thank you. [emoji2]

I have been working from home but as my business is expanding i feel the most logical step is now for a premises. It is a hard decision to make though and finding something which is well placed, not going to cost a fortune and looks professional is proving tasking.
Hi there,
What area are you looking to rent a room in? I have beautiful rooms available in Birkenhead, Crosby, Openshaw, Stoke-on-Trent and Warrington. Message me if you would like any further info
Tracy x

Latest posts

Back