Work placement

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*charlie*

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm desperatly looking for a salon placement as part of my college course. If anyone can help me or give me advice that woud be great. I am looking for a placement anywhere in shropshire, staffordshire etc.

Im Looking aswell for a work placement I live in Manchester I can travel to manchester town centre
I really need one!!!

You both need to go to your local salons and tell them that you are available, dress smart and professional, tell them about the training and experiences you have, really sell yourselfs and hopefully one of them will take you on, salons dont advertise much for staff you have to be in their face so to speak and show them how you can benifit their salons, good luck to both of you :hug:

Are these work placements for college?are you qualified yet?

If qualified I would suggest taking your CV's to all the salons in the area,we always ask for a CV,they are all kept not thrown away.Then if a position arises the best one will be called for an interview then a trade test.

Make sure your CV is in excellent order,no spelling mistakes.This is a real put off and could possibly mean not even a 2nd look.

If it's through the college I would ring all the local salons and ask to speak to the manager.Your lecturer should be able to give advice on this.

Good luck.:hug:

Hi,
I'm desperatly looking for a salon placement as part of my college course. If anyone can help me or give me advice that woud be great. I am looking for a placement anywhere in shropshire, staffordshire etc.

What part of Shropshire are you in - and what course are you doing?

I have an NVQ3 beauty student in my salon on a Friday for her work placement....she is qualified in all the NVQ2 treatments so I book these in for her when I can, we're mainly nails......I also help her out with bits and bobs of nail training....she's not mega busy but she needed the placement to be able to complete her NVQ3 so thought I'd help out.

Go round to your local salons, ask, you might be surprised.

Latest posts

Back