Work so slow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiobhanMarie

Reaction score
Hey all,

Have been self employed since 2012. My salon was so busy and I was having staff issues so I decided two years ago to juat rent rooms and go back alone.

Since moving to the salon i am in, my business has gone so quiet, which in 16 years I have never had this problem.

I'm hidden away upstairs and have no advertising which does not help there.
When I first started the hair salon below were taking bookings for me but the amount of problem booking I had was unreal so I had to start online bookings as I struggle to keep leaving appointments whilst in treatments .

I'm not sure if this has put people off ... I feel at a loose end what to do at the moment.

Is anyone else quiet???

Why are you not advertising your services? This is vital given that you’re tucked away upstairs.

All successful businesses need to continually market their services. You don’t stop just because you’ve got a full book of clients.
Presumably, you’ve heard of Tesco, Marks and Spencer etc? Everyone knows what they sell but they still spend huge sums on advertising throughout the year. Why do you think that is?

Do you have any posters up in the salon windows?
Do you have attractive professionally designed leaflets available on the main salon reception desk?
What special deals are you planning for Easter, Mother’s Day etc.?

The days of sitting around waiting for clients to pass by and pop in are long gone. You have to be continually pro-active with your marketing strategies. Whilst you’re sitting around twiddling your thumbs, have a read of this thread to get you motivated.

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/more-ways-to-promote-your-business.83160/

You can do this!!

Thankyou so much for your reply.

No, I far from sit twiddling my thumbs. I have been flyering my local area.
Leaving lesflrrs and discounts for new clients in the local coffee shops.
I have also been to a local school to offer prom deals, my social media is constantly updated as I schedule posts for the week so each day something different is out.

My problem is the salon I'm at, I'm allowed leaflets on there waiting desk but that is it.
As it's a branded salon apparently they can not allow anything else outside or in the windows, they divert everyone to my online system only and take no numbers yet I have asked for them to take numbers for me to contact clients back.
My problem is if I'm upstairs I don't know I
How many times this is happening unless clients tell me xx

If they want to charge for the use of the room, then they need to let you advertise more freely, otherwise, I think you need to find another space.

Latest posts

Back