Working a part time job alongside mobile beauty

Hello I need advice!!

I am looking to go mobile but would like a part time job to do as well to make sure I have a secure income (if that makes sense) do you think working Monday to Friday, 1-5 for example would be good so I can do Beauty every morning or even after work?

Does anyone else do a part time job alongside Beauty? If so what hours do you do and does it work for you?

Thanks so much !!

Ruby S

It’s a very good idea, as long as you can find the part time job that won’t want to chop & change your hours all the time. Your beauty clients will need you to be reliable to build up your client base... but yeah, go for it! I used to do it until my beauty demand got too high & I opened my own salon. I worked Tuesday 9-3, Wednesday 9-6 & Thursday 9-6 in retail & I worked Monday, Tuesday evenings, Fridays & most Saturdays in beauty (mobile). It worked for me for 8 years! Hours are long but if you find a part time job you enjoy too & that don’t want loads of overtime from you, you’ll be off to a good start.

It’s a very good idea, as long as you can find the part time job that won’t want to chop & change your hours all the time. Your beauty clients will need you to be reliable to build up your client base... but yeah, go for it! I used to do it until my beauty demand got too high & I opened my own salon. I worked Tuesday 9-3, Wednesday 9-6 & Thursday 9-6 in retail & I worked Monday, Tuesday evenings, Fridays & most Saturdays in beauty (mobile). It worked for me for 8 years! Hours are long but if you find a part time job you enjoy too & that don’t want loads of overtime from you, you’ll be off to a good start.
That’s good to hear that it worked for you! Ideally I would like to do part time in a salon but they would want me to work the hours I need for mobile!! Might look in to some admin jobs.
Thanks for the reply xx

Subo

I have a full time job working 40 hours a week and I do beauty 6.30-9.30 every evening and also Saturdays and sometimes sundays. I also do tv extra work on top. I think I may be a work a holic lol

Wow that is doing a lot, well done you! Don’t let it all get too much tho

Subo

I'm pregnant aswell so going to have to cut down my hours some time soon haha

I'm pregnant aswell so going to have to cut down my hours some time soon haha
Congratulations!!! Yes definitely take cut down the hours and be carful xxx

Subo

Congratulations!!! Yes definitely take cut down the hours and be carful xxx
Thank you. Il be giving the full time job up and just do the other 2. It will be hard as iv been there over 18 years but something has to give

House Beauty

Hello I need advice!!

I am looking to go mobile but would like a part time job to do as well to make sure I have a secure income (if that makes sense) do you think working Monday to Friday, 1-5 for example would be good so I can do Beauty every morning or even after work?

Does anyone else do a part time job alongside Beauty? If so what hours do you do and does it work for you?

Thanks so much !!
I used to do a 5 day cleaning job, 6am-1/2pm, nap then work from home 4pm-9pm.

Before that i did mon-sun 8am-11pm(yes you read that right), and did tans 11pm-12pm.

I reduced slowly so eventually cleaning 2 days 2pm-8pm weekends so I did beauty all week and in the mornings.

Was scary at first but the clients come when you have the extra time.

Do whatever makes you happy, it’s what I believe makes everything work out best.

I used to do a 5 day cleaning job, 6am-1/2pm, nap then work from home 4pm-9pm.

Before that i did mon-sun 8am-11pm(yes you read that right), and did tans 11pm-12pm.

I reduced slowly so eventually cleaning 2 days 2pm-8pm weekends so I did beauty all week and in the mornings.

Was scary at first but the clients come when you have the extra time.

Do whatever makes you happy, it’s what I believe makes everything work out best.
Wow very long hours!! When did you have time to sleep !! Haha. I’m just scared that I will have no one will book with me so need another job just so I feel secure. Forgot how hard it is to look for a new job!!

I work Monday- Wednesday 8:30am-1:30pm 15 hours a week then my nails and beauty 2:30pm-6pm Monday-Wednesday then Thursday and Friday 8:30am-6pm

I work Monday- Wednesday 8:30am-1:30pm 15 hours a week then my nails and beauty 2:30pm-6pm Monday-Wednesday then Thursday and Friday 8:30am-6pm
Those hours are perfect I’m looking for something similar but it’s so hard to find perfect hours. What do you do if you don’t mind me asking?x