working for nails inc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pretty pink

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have had a call from a lady at nails Inc asking, can i go for an interview for a nail tech (she saw my cv on a recruitment website). I'm very tempted but thought I would see if anyone knew much about them? Are they good to work for? Are the treatments they offer as lovely as they sound??
Also what products do they use for nail extensions? And what sort of time do they expect a full set done by?? I take about 2 hours!!

Any comments would be much appreciated

Thanks

x x x x x

Hi there...Nails Inc use EzFlow enhancement poducts.
Which should be good news for you if you already use them.
Working in a salon should soon get your time down :lol:
Good Luck with your interview.
I know some one who has an interview for Nails Inc in Scotland, and they have to do a manicure and polish 1 hand with a dark colour enamel and the other a french manicure and do 1 hand of enhancements. Is this similar to what you have been told? Different areas may have different criteria.

Hi hun.jojosnails,would be the best person to ask as she works for them i believe.Pm her im sure she can advise you...:hug:

wow good for you ! Been head hunted what a confidence boost !! Nails inc use ezflow products and supportive trainning to go with this 2 . Why not pop in to one of there stores and have a treatment to have a true experience .? when is your interview?

Oh Brilliant, I love Ez Flow, and I'm just converting over to them. Got my gel 2moro!
Well thanks very much for getting back to me so quickly everyone!
I'm just waiting to hear back from the area manager about an interview. Only problem the closest one to me is over an hour away! Oh well they sound like a good company to get in with and i will contact jojosnails, thanks for that!
x x

well done pretty pink.... go for it best of luck to you hun xxxx

established brand been around for a while always a good sign !! good luck
Oh Brilliant, I love Ez Flow, and I'm just converting over to them. Got my gel 2moro!
Well thanks very much for getting back to me so quickly everyone!
I'm just waiting to hear back from the area manager about an interview. Only problem the closest one to me is over an hour away! Oh well they sound like a good company to get in with and i will contact jojosnails, thanks for that!
x x

Well, if they use EZ Flow, they sound great to me already! (lol)

You know they do great training and use an excellent product, so go for it.

Let us know how you get on.

(i don't work for them, honestly...lol)

Vanessa who is the Training Manager for Nails Inc is one of the most lovely people you would ever care to meet, she is fabulous....they have just opened a Nails Inc Academy in London, so I am sure any new and fledgling and also experienced nail techs are in the best hands.

Thank you everyone for your comments! It all sounds really fab and really exciting!

I will keep u all updated!!

x x x x

According to their website you have to have at least NVQ level 2 but preferably level 3 don't you to work for them.

This confuses me as the last nails inc girl who did my nails had only done an NSI course, so I think its an if your face fits scenario.:rolleyes:

Hello i used to work for nails inc and unfortunately i dont think of them highly. It is a very selling pressured job. If you can sell fantastic. You are also expected to do a full set in an hour tops which i found difficult as i usually work to about 1 hour and a half for a full set. I also found their training very poor. Considering i didnt have any extension qualifications when i started and i had a total of 5 and a half hours training then i was live on the bar - to me this was no where near enough!! i was never shown how to do infills! Their products are beautiful and the clients are fantastic but unfortunately i didnt have a good experience with the company.

i just had my interview for them yesterday.
the lady that took me was not very good at all.
i applied for the manicure position.
she got me to do a file and polish, with dark red on one hand and french on the other.
there was another girl there for her interview as well which is why im hoping the next bit happened.
she handed me a gift box and told me to look at the products in it
then she told me about a hand cream that was in the box, and told me to go out on the floor and try and sell it to people walking past.
she said she would leave me 30mins-1hour.
after 45mins i managed to sell 4 and she said well done but disapeared.
TWO HOURS later she came back to me and said shed be bak in a minute.
20minutes later she came back and took me for my oral interview.
i was sucessful and have the job, but am now reconsidering whether i want it!
the girls that worked there where lovley and assured me they never had to do this in their interview and dont normally do that as part of the job too.
not to put you of but just a wee warning. xx

Im so sorry you have to go through all of that!! i personnally would think twice about working for the company. At the end of the day it is down to personal choice but im in the profession for the nails not to sell hand cream and force 3 for 4's down customers throats lol. Just my opinion.
Whats interesting "quiksilver" do you not find it very a selling oriantated job?

Hello i used to work for nails inc and unfortunately i dont think of them highly. It is a very selling pressured job. If you can sell fantastic. You are also expected to do a full set in an hour tops which i found difficult as i usually work to about 1 hour and a half for a full set. I also found their training very poor. Considering i didnt have any extension qualifications when i started and i had a total of 5 and a half hours training then i was live on the bar - to me this was no where near enough!! i was never shown how to do infills! Their products are beautiful and the clients are fantastic but unfortunately i didnt have a good experience with the company.

sorry to hear you may not have had the best experience with nails inc! i am supervisor at the exeter branch and worked in the bristol branch last year. i personally love working for them and feel i have had adequate training from them, i only did new things as i was ready and confident to do them. and i have certainly never been expected to do a full set in an hour! both in bristol and exeter they always allow an hour and a half.
its a shame to hear you did not have such a positive experience!

i just had my interview for them yesterday.
the lady that took me was not very good at all.
i applied for the manicure position.
she got me to do a file and polish, with dark red on one hand and french on the other.
there was another girl there for her interview as well which is why im hoping the next bit happened.
she handed me a gift box and told me to look at the products in it
then she told me about a hand cream that was in the box, and told me to go out on the floor and try and sell it to people walking past.
she said she would leave me 30mins-1hour.
after 45mins i managed to sell 4 and she said well done but disapeared.
TWO HOURS later she came back to me and said shed be bak in a minute.
20minutes later she came back and took me for my oral interview.
i was sucessful and have the job, but am now reconsidering whether i want it!
the girls that worked there where lovley and assured me they never had to do this in their interview and dont normally do that as part of the job too.
not to put you of but just a wee warning. xx

omg i have never had to do anything like that before! at least you managed to sell some! everyone is expected to traffic stop when it is deadly quiet but never to do anything to that extreme! did u get a full time position? lets hope now you've got the job your experience will be a bit more positive!

Jo xx

Thanks jojo's nails. Unfortunately the set time given to us was an hour and towards the end of me working there that was cut to 40 minutes, so we were expected to do a full consultation, Full set, Products, 3 for 4's, payment and painting in the hour!! that was the end for me. Im glad you enjoy your job. who knows many one day i will apply for a managers job within the company - their products are second to none but i just wasnt happy with the way the compnay was being run!! Good luck ova xmas ;)

Oh i see!!! Just twigged lol! still there then ;)

Thanks jojo's nails. Unfortunately the set time given to us was an hour and towards the end of me working there that was cut to 40 minutes, so we were expected to do a full consultation, Full set, Products, 3 for 4's, payment and painting in the hour!! that was the end for me. Im glad you enjoy your job. who knows many one day i will apply for a managers job within the company - their products are second to none but i just wasnt happy with the way the compnay was being run!! Good luck ova xmas ;)

omg thats really bad! just an hour for all that! i guess ive been lucky where i have been then! i think it must really depend on who ur manager is etc! its a shame it should be like that tho! x

no it shouldnt be and i have to be honest i absolutely loved my job until all this happened. I love nails its my passion but unfortunately it become more about selling than nails.

Latest posts

Back