Working from home & home insurance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarad

Reaction score
Morning ladies,

Newbie here.

I'm looking for advice regarding home insurance when working from home..
So I've been working from home since november and completely forgot about informing my home insurance but have just had a renewal so will be doing that shortly.

Did putting working from home greatly increase your home insurance ?
Were there any special things your had to do eg change locks etc
Also any insurance companies that you think are good for home insurance and cover working from home (as I know that many wont cover ) ps I have beauty insurance..

Many thanks in advance

Only your insurance company can answer those questions specifically. Not all companies will cover the premises. Not all policies from any one supllier6will ne suitable.

Never heard of lock changing. Clients don't have keys so why would anyone expect themto be changed?

Is it just your home insurer you forgot to inform?
Have you got permission to work from home from the council and mortgage company/landlord too? They can say no, but hopefully they won’t. Depending on what services you’re offering, some councils require you to apply for a special treatment licence.

Only your insurance company can answer those questions specifically. Not all companies will cover the premises. Not all policies from any one supllier6will ne suitable.

Never heard of lock changing. Clients don't have keys so why would anyone expect themto be changed?

Is it just your home insurer you forgot to inform?
Have you got permission to work from home from the council and mortgage company/landlord too? They can say no, but hopefully they won’t. Depending on what services you’re offering, some councils require you to apply for a special treatment licence.

I meant if you have to have upgraded locks or tighter security because working from home doing beauty can increase your risk of being broken into etc

Sorry ladies I dont think I'm replying into the right places.

Everything else has already been sorted and mortgage company were informed but didnt care.

I meant if you have to have upgraded locks or tighter security because working from home doing beauty can increase your risk of being broken into etc

No more at risk than your home, probably more expensive items of personal worth than work stuff. I have a serious glitter addiction and collection but my telly is worth more ;)

There aren't that many insurance companies that do policies for working from home so you have to use google and then shop around. Quite time consuming!

No more at risk than your home, probably more expensive items of personal worth than work stuff. I have a serious glitter addiction and collection but my telly is worth more ;)

Thanks for your reply.
My collection of gel polish is worth more than my tv and a lot of buisness with a 20 mile radius have been targeted and stolen :-/

There aren't that many insurance companies that do policies for working from home so you have to use google and then shop around. Quite time consuming!

Do you know of any that do? Thanks

Latest posts

Back