working from home in a small town

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leopup

Reaction score
Hi There, and a big hello to all geeks, just discovered this website today, its fab, but bear with me - i haven't quite found my way round.:rolleyes:

I'm looking for any help or advice or general info or comments anyone has to offer.

Here's the deal, I am currently a self employed beauty therapist and rent a room in a busy city hair salon, ive got a good client base and have done this for about 6 years. I have recently moved out to the country and fully intended to continue as i was just cut my hours down. However, my commute into work is approx an hour each way:mad:, am down to 4 days work, but feel like i'm working to pay my room rent, equipment H.P, travel costs etc with not a lot left over :grr:, and i'm also neglecting my family a bit.

Anyway as i said i have moved to a small town in the country and am toying with the idea of working from home,:rolleyes::rolleyes: we have a spare room and off road parking but obviously my current clients would'nt travel all the way out here so it would be like starting from scatch. There isn't a beauty salon in the town and the only therapist i know of, works from the village hall, there is a larger town about 10 miles away and it has quite a few salons. Anyone in a similar situation? or any advice would be grastefully accepted. :)

There are quite a few geeks who work from home, hopefully they will see your thread and be able to help.

Hope its not in Fife the local council will charge you £290 to "apply" for outline planning permission. :irked:

I decided to go mobile instead.

Latest posts

Back