Working from home legally - US Geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious1

Reaction score
Where can I find the information to what I need to do exactly to work from home? I've tried searching up multiple things but nothing comes up. I live in Texas and would I have to look into the Texas department licensing and registration website?? Or is there a certain department that takes care of these things? I'm clueless :confused:

Hi, I've amended your thread title to save lots of posts giving advice based on U.K. rules.

I've no idea about the regulations for Texas so I'd probably start by contacting the State cosmetology licensing department.

Hopefully, they'll be some US geeks along with more accurate advice soon.

Where can I find the information to what I need to do exactly to work from home? I've tried searching up multiple things but nothing comes up. I live in Texas and would I have to look into the Texas department licensing and registration website?? Or is there a certain department that takes care of these things? I'm clueless :confused:
Do you have to have a licence in Texas? If so you'd have to check with state board to see if you are allowed to work from home. Some states dont allow it.

You'd also have to check with your town/county and see if you can work from home. Find out exactly what their rules and regulations are.

In Minnesota, it's all dictated in out state board of cosmetology rules and laws... I'd start there in Texas as well. :)

As above, check with your department of licensing for cosmetology. You can do a google search and find out the information.

In Michigan, we can have an in home salon but it has to have it's own water supply in the room.

Hope this helps and best of luck! :)

Latest posts

Back