Working from home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubulina

Reaction score
Hello lovely geeks!

I'm planning to start working from home soon, I have a conservatory which I'll be using as my treatment room.

The conservatory currently has vertical blinds in an ivory colour most of the way around, would you leave it as it is with the natural light coming in or would you put up curtains? I'm planning to offer massages and reflexology to start with and am unsure if it will be dark enough for massage.

Also, would you put a sign out in front of the house, or decals on the window so that the customers know they have come to the right place? My house is not really on a main road and I'd rather not draw too much attention, but I dont want customers put off by being unsure?

I currently have a carpet down in the conservatory but I'm thinking of replacing this with a heavy Vinyl in a warm sandy colour as it will be easier to clean. What do you think would be better?

Thanks in advance, any tips or advice much appreciated :Kissing:

Yeah a sign outside is a good idea. I would probably use blinds or curtains and close them when doing treatments like massage cos you want the client to feel comfortable and relaxed with dim lighting. Not sure if you have neighbours but then they wouldn't worry about being seen half naked!

Hiya
You need to be careful about the sign outside as some councils don't mind you working from home but don't want any visible evidence of it from the kerbside. You'll need to check with your council what they allow.

If you feel that the room is too light with just blinds you could always put up a screen along the longest side of the conservatory as that would block some light and give the illusion of a cosier space.

Best of luck with working from home x

I just have a small sign on the side gate to my home salon with a bell to ring so i can let clients in. I work in my conservatory and the main problem is the heat but also on really sunny days the light is too bright so i would look at darkening your room a little. :) x

Hi

Good luck in working from home, I am working on a home salon at the moment and plan to have a small sign in my bay window which I will put up when I am expecting customers and can take down when Im not in work hours!

Good luck :)

x

i work from home in my conservatory also and i have curtains on the doors as well as blinds on the windows, i dont have a sign up otside but i do have car magnet signs on my car so that ppl know they are in the right place. i love in a private close so thought this was the best way of doing it.hth

I also work from my conservatory. I cannot put a sign up outside my house due to council so I have a sandwich board which I place outside my door during working hours.
I have also light coloured blinds and do find it can be too light so was looking into replacing with pull down, but curtains could be an option :)

Thank to all lovely girls who replied to my post . xoxo

I have a vistaprint magnetic sign for cars I think it is supposed to be but I put it on my front door when I'm trading take it off at end of day and I designed it with an arrow as clients come through my side gate to my garden cabin and it's worked really well.

I read on another thread that someone used voile on the ceiling to block out some of the light and give a cosier feel, maybe voile and blackout blinds or similar colour curtains on the windows would work? Would certainly feel cosier x

Latest posts

Back