Working from home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teresajay

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some advice I am starting up working from my home, I have a room adapted for doing nails waxing etc. I have put out leaflets and have response but I was considering advertising in the Yellow Pages but after speaking to someone who has their own salon I now am not sure if I should go ahead as it they said I might be making myself to public as I might get vists from the council and end having to pay business rates and health and safety inspecting ventilation etc and I would also need a licence for doing the nails. Don't get me wrong I don't mind doing things properly but she advised that whilst I am still trying to establish myself I would not want all that hassle and all the costs involved as I will hardly be making a profit to start with.
I would be really grateful for any advise as I feel like it is going to take me forever to build up customers, I have delivered about 800 leaflets and had 8 replys and 7 bookings. Any advise will be gratefully received.
Thankyou Teresa

Latest posts

Back