Working in a Salon (Scared!!!!)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

willows18

Reaction score
I've been working from home doing nails for a year now and only did my creative conversion course last Monday. I went into a new salon in a village near where I live for waxing and they asked about my nails. I told them I did them and was a tech. working from home etc. Then a couple of weeks later she asked me if I would be intested in working for them 1 day a week on a freelance basis. I have been in today and chatted to them and familiarised myself with their nail bar etc and I start this Friday!

I am really pleased because it will be really nice working in a busy salon as I find it can be quite isolated working from home.

All I keep thinking now is "what if my nails aren't good enough" I am getting really quite nervous!!! Hope everything will be ok!!!

Kirsty

Kirsty - if you feel confident enought to apply nails mobile then I am sure you will be just as good in a salon - I understand how you feel as I am in the same situation - but it looks like you have more confidence than myself - so run with it I am sure you will be the talk of the town for all the right reasons...best of luck...Louise

Any change is always accompanied by 'the fear factor'.

Best to ask yourself what it is you are really afraid of. For most people the answer is 'failure' or regection. This is a normal response. What do you have to be afraid of? You will know from your experience to date, whether your nails are 'good enough' if your clients are happy and returning to you on a regular basis? Why should it be any different in a salon situation?

I think excitment can feel like 'fear' but not negative, if you see what I mean. Get in that salon and enjoy the experience. REMEMBER what you have been taught, TRUST your own judgement and your product's ability to do the job, and DO the best job that you can do every time. It isn't enough to be 'good enough', you have to be better every time and strive to be so.

Hope you enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back