Working in beauty salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pbeautytherapist

Reaction score
Hi. I have a „legal” question, maybe someone was in similar situation, or know anything more about this topic.
I am fully qualified beauty therapist level 2&3. I’m working in beauty salon, we do most treatments massages, waxing etc. and few more in which I am not qualified/ trained to do.
my employer have asked one of the therapists to train me in these treatments (reflexology, fat freezing, bum lift) he called it “in house training” but it just doesn’t fell right, because she is not trained to train me in these treatments... he also wants to train hairdresser in facial treatments such as diamond microdermabrasion...
What do you think about it? Will I be insured to do these treatments ? If something happens who will hold any responsibility?

No you won’t be insured. Many years ago when I first qualified I worked in a beauty salon where they did the same as you. Members of staff giving brief instructions to how to do treatment. I felt completely overwhelmed and unconfident. Needless I didn’t stay round for long. And one thing it did teach me was how NOT to run a beauty salon. Hope you get sorted

No you won’t be insured. Many years ago when I first qualified I worked in a beauty salon where they did the same as you. Members of staff giving brief instructions to how to do treatment. I felt completely overwhelmed and unconfident. Needless I didn’t stay round for long. And one thing it did teach me was how NOT to run a beauty salon. Hope you get sorted
Thank you for your reply! That’s how I feel now, not sure how I should sort this situation out tho

Voice your concerns if you haven’t already.

Latest posts

Back