Working on your own.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odee

Reaction score
Do any of you get a little lonely working on your own? I don't mean that your lonely because of the lack of clients, but the banter back and forth within the salon. I really miss it, But its hard to work in a salon to fit around young children and a husband that works long shifts, so i work at home. Just wondered if it just me, but im sure its not.

I do sometimes, and Client's aren't always talkative which can be a little .. awkward lol I'm not great at the small talk but I really try .. you're not alone sweet x

I do miss it yeah. I miss having more than one client in at a time there were times when i had a highstreet salon that we would all have a group conversation and it was like a big girlie get together...

Having said that I do like working from home and coming on here gives me the opportunity to chat about work etc just as I would have done to colleagues in the salon before.

I have never worked in a salon but I have worked in lots of offices. I would never want to go back to the politics of working with lots of others.

I love working alone in my little salon. I have plenty of conversation and banter with my clients and every hour the conversation is different with a different person. I love hearing about their lives, their family, their problems etc. I know so many of them so well. I just Love it.

Don't get me wrong, i have a laugh and banter with the clients, but its not the same as a group of you and the hussel and bussel of everyone in and out especialy through christmas, When the kids get older i hope i get to go back. :biggrin:

I love working on my own too, i get enough good chat from my clients anyway so i dont feel like im missing anything and when you think of all the things you have to do for work and home its hard to find time to be bored, on the odd ocassion that i do get some spare time, i escape to a nice wee coffee shop for a lovely dbl shot cappaccino and read my newspaper, its bliss ! and i nearly always meet someone in the coffee shop too, lol, so i go back charged and ready, i love it !!!

Also, remember if you go back to a salon all your housework will pile up as well and you have it all to come back to

lol x dreaded ironing i have a pile now. No its very conveinent for me working from home, You do get to do as you please, and the house work is all done before your 1st client turns up,but its a mad rush with getting the kids out the door ready for school. Sometimes i just think if i were at a the salon i could just close the door on home for a few hours.I Sound very ungreatful for what i have. Its not meant that way. Cabin Fever setting in.

When I started out I met another therapist who works locally. She gave me a lot of advise and 15 years on we use each other to bounce ideas against, to swap treatments and generally put the world to rights! It gives me all the positives of having a 'collegue' without the politics and falling outs!

Latest posts

Back