Working with a cold?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty-lady

Reaction score
I know it's only a cold but I'm finding harder and harder to get through my day when I have a simple cold, I do a lot of massage and only have a half hour break so not a lot of time to get myself together, how do you ladies get through the day without feeling like your head is going to fall off from all the sneezing!!? I'm taking all the tablets known to man and drinking plenty of water, what's your go to remedies to get you through the day

I always take a high dose Vitamin C tablet twice a day when I have a cold but maybe you need some time off to properly recuperate if it’s not improving?
I remember volunteering at College for some Beauty Therapy students who were being assessed for massage and my student actually sneezed on me.
It was pretty yuck. :eek:

Truthfully I take paracetamol and ibuprofen every 4 hours, drink lots of water and rest as soon as I’m home. Sorry I know it’s a rubbish answer. I tend to suffer with chest infections/bad coughs with every cold, so I just have some cough sweets always on hand x

I always take a high dose Vitamin C tablet twice a day when I have a cold but maybe you need some time off to properly recuperate if it’s not improving?
I remember volunteering at College for some Beauty Therapy students who were being assessed for massage and my student actually sneezed on me.
It was pretty yuck. :eek:

That’s grim! I wear a face mask if I’m ill to stop things like this :)

I am a baby when I get a cold- I do get man flu just ask my husband! LOL
In working too much when you are ill it will take longer to get over it. Definately use sinex to clear your nose...but to reduce your hours when you are ill I inform all my clients for the day ahead that I have a stinking cold. They really appreciate me telling them especially my older ladies or carers. If that means they chose to cancel , then so be it.
There is no way I would want a therapist treating me with a bad cold..I just don't want to catch one.
So by giving them the option to cancel, you will have a bit less work and get better sooner.
Hand washing more than usual, window open , all reduces the chance of cross infection.
Get well soon.

• Sudafed every 4 hours on the dot.
  • Strepsils at the ready by my trolley
  • Glass of iced water to hand
  • Blow my nose every time i'm out of the treatment room
  • Pholcodeine for coughs if stepsils not enough
  • Eat oranges daily
  • Rest up as much as possible when no clients in
  • Tonic water to clear your fuzzy brain
  • Glass of hot mulled wine before bed

So not much really..... :)

Hey! I’m the same as you I can barely function when I have a cold. Touch wood I tend to see them off before they develop. Here’s my system...

The moment I feel a cold coming I start drinking a good few litres of water per day.
I use first defence straight away (the nasal spray)
I take vitamin C, avoid coffee and junk food, and fuel up on fruits and veggies.

I take hot baths/showers both in the morning and evening, and go to bed earlier than normal.

Sounds a bit OTT I know but it works so well for me personally. 9 times out of 10 I won’t develop a full blown cold if I do all of that.

Hope that helps! X

I know it's only a cold but I'm finding harder and harder to get through my day when I have a simple cold, I do a lot of massage and only have a half hour break so not a lot of time to get myself together, how do you ladies get through the day without feeling like your head is going to fall off from all the sneezing!!? I'm taking all the tablets known to man and drinking plenty of water, what's your go to remedies to get you through the day
My immune system is terrible and I get too many colds! I always use a supermarket brand, Lemsip style drink. I take it 30 minutes before my first client and take it throughout the day. If needed I’ll also take ibuprofen. I regularly take fluids to keep hydrated and on the morning I’ll have a Barocca tablet in my water. I have also resorted to using a face mask when carrying out treatments.

Latest posts

Back