Working with a sprained ankle!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzanne1118

Reaction score
Have you ever had to do this? Im working on my own today so if I hadnt come in it would have been closed. Its so bloody painful and Im hopping around the salon doing treatments so I must look really stupid! Have you ever had to work when you really shouldnt have?

Yea I've done it but I was only a Saturday girl at the time, I propped myself up against the basin and got me loads of tips as the clients felt really bad for me hopping around trying to wash their hair lol x

Yea I've done it but I was only a Saturday girl at the time, I propped myself up against the basin and got me loads of tips as the clients felt really bad for me hopping around trying to wash their hair lol x

Haha very good, hopefully I'll get loads of tips! Have to go up the stairs on my knees and all, feel very awkward!! :o

Hello my lovely, I've worked with pneumonia, flu, no voice, rsi to my thumb, twisted ankle, and a neck that is so painful for weeks at a time that I have had nerve block injections into it twice with a third set imminent .. its my business and clients booked in so have no choice .. the downside of working for yourself lol.

My lovely lady who works for me has also worked with bad asthma/headaches/sore throats/pregnant with no time off .. she is related to me and takes the business as seriously as I do. The downside of working for someone you love and care about lol.

Good girl though, someone had to open the salon!!

I would have someone like you work for me in a heartbeat.

Jacqui xx

Yeah, worked through all sorts.

I think working with no voice was the funniest, trying to communicate with the clients. As it was starting to come back, i'd be talking and mid-sentence it would be gone again.

It is horrible when you are actually in pain or feeling really unwell though. Make sure you really look after yourself when you get home...maybe soak it and try and keep off of it if possible xx

There are times when its just not funny working for yourself!!

Jacqui xx

My best (worse!) was working with a broken wrist! There were some treatments I couldn't do but most of my regulars were happy having treatments that took a little longer but were just as effective. Have you tried opening nail varnish with one hand?!?!

My best (worse!) was working with a broken wrist! There were some treatments I couldn't do but most of my regulars were happy having treatments that took a little longer but were just as effective. Have you tried opening nail varnish with one hand?!?!

Actually, that would be pretty difficult lol

In fact most of our work would be pretty difficult with a broken wrist!!!!!

God I don't think you could do anything with a broken wrist! I send my client's up the stairs and tell them I'll be up in a minute. Then I 'bum' my way up the stairs, quite funny :lol: I'm glad my client's know me well or they'd think I'm a mad thing :green:

It wasn't easy but it's amazing how well you start to adapt and I was lucky that i'd had reflexology training with a lovely lady who could only use one hand and used her other arm for support. Not ideal by any means!!

God help you...hope your ok and on the mend.
I have gone into the salon with a slipped disc in my lower back..don,t rember driving to work,got at salon staff phoned my other half...2wks off went back in to work to soon and ened up flat on my back for 3weeks!!listen to the docs,i found out the hard way'
take care.

I know this thread is a few days old, but just wanted to add that I was doing a facial yesterday and I scalded my fingers on the stream from my towel warmer...! I've never felt pain like it!! And trying not to scream, swear or cry while I finished my facial was hell!! To make matters worse, I had only just started the treatment and my room as no sink in it, so nowhere I could get cold water from to soak my hand, so I had to carry on regardless..!!

I would have excused myself but my client had just finished telling me that she always drives 50 miles to see her usual therapist as she's never seen anyone round here that's "any good"...! So I was determined to make an amazing first impression!! I'd never normally put a facial before first aid..!!

I hope your ankle is starting to feel a bit better - if only our clients knew what we do to keep them happy!!

Try to keep your leg elevates as much as possible and rest when you can.
I dislocated my shoulder on August 30th whilst on holiday in France. Thankfully I still had a week of my holiday left so spent the following 8 days in a sling. My arm was so sore when I restarted work but I just glugged down the painkillers and was relieved to have a little extra time between clients.
Take care; rest as much as possible.

I broke a bone in my foot a few weeks ago. Have bin told off by doctor for goin back to work a week after I did it.

I also tried to go back before that I was on crutches. Trying to blow dry hair and support urself on crutches is not an easy task. X

Latest posts

Back