WorldPay Zinc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloverhill

Reaction score
Hello!! Does anyone use this machine? I'm thinking about getting it. Can anyone tell me if I charge £15 for shellac (I know 😖) how much will be deducted from it? Thanks 😊

I have one and it's fab.

You're charged 2.75%, so on a £15 treatment you'll earn £14.58/9.

They pay you the full amount into your bank then take the commission once a month by direct debit, so for every £100 you earn you pay £2.75 to world pay

I got an email about this earlier!' One of the major suppliers has a certain amount off these at the moment to!!

I got an email about this earlier!' One of the major suppliers has a certain amount off these at the moment to!!

Ooh really? Hmmm worth thinking about!

I use worldpay zinc and can't fault it. The only thing I wish it could do was connect to your address book on your phone/ipad when inputting the mobile number for receipt issue xx

I love my worldpay zinc. Its very handy, and secure, and I feel safe now that I don't have to carry so much cash home at the end of the work day. There's 3 options. You can do pay as you go and pay 2.75% per transaction. £5.99/month and it's 1.95% per transaction, or £12.99/month and transactions up to £1,000 is free. I'm perfectly fine with the pay as you go. It's pennies. And clients will much prefer paying by card anyway.

Is there a fixed contract?

Does anyone know the initial price of the card machine at the moment?

Oops forgot we couldn't put prices on here! Chickafish helped me though :) sorry guys x

Does anyone know if companies like these will be at Olympia?

I love my worldpay zinc. Its very handy, and secure, and I feel safe now that I don't have to carry so much cash home at the end of the work day. There's 3 options. You can do pay as you go and pay 2.75% per transaction. £5.99/month and it's 1.95% per transaction, or £12.99/month and transactions up to £1,000 is free. I'm perfectly fine with the pay as you go. It's pennies. And clients will much prefer paying by card anyway.

I don't think new customers can do the £12.99 a month now. I looked into it but couldn't find that option, it would be perfect for me

I don't think new customers can do the £12.99 a month now. I looked into it but couldn't find that option, it would be perfect for me

Oh Sorry! They've changed that. Went to go look on their website. They've taken out the £12.99 option because they want you to consider their other service called Streamline. That's more for if you're taking in about £25k or over a year in card payments.

Oh Sorry! They've changed that. Went to go look on their website. They've taken out the £12.99 option because they want you to consider their other service called Streamline. That's more for if you're taking in about £25k or over a year in card payments.

Such a shame because it would have suited me! Oh how I wish I did 25k in card payments!

This is without a doubt the best thing I have ever invested in for my salon(besides shellac obviously) my clients absolutely love it, most of them spend more with me as they can have last minute treatments. It is fantastic, I honestly cannot recommend world pay enough!! If you are tempted....do it! You will not regret it!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would like to now retract my above statement. (Chrogers) I have used Worldpay Zinc for the past 3 years and I have genuinely had no problems. Until now...I have just received a letter to say that I was £302 in arrears!! I have never been in arrears in my life so I called them straight away. I have now just been told that, as a company, they changed banks in April 2015 and for some reason my Direct Debit mandate has not been processed their end! I queried to why it has taken over 18 months to contact me and the answer.....because I'm a small company and I don't process enough per month, therefore I wasn't a priority! Clearly self employed beauty therapists don't make them enough money! I am absolutely fuming with them, so much so I have just cancelled my account. I would advise anyone looking for a chip and pin machine to AVOID Worldpay Zinc!

I would like to now retract my above statement. (Chrogers) I have used Worldpay Zinc for the past 3 years and I have genuinely had no problems. Until now...I have just received a letter to say that I was £302 in arrears!! I have never been in arrears in my life so I called them straight away. I have now just been told that, as a company, they changed banks in April 2015 and for some reason my Direct Debit mandate has not been processed their end! I queried to why it has taken over 18 months to contact me and the answer.....because I'm a small company and I don't process enough per month, therefore I wasn't a priority! Clearly self employed beauty therapists don't make them enough money! I am absolutely fuming with them, so much so I have just cancelled my account. I would advise anyone looking for a chip and pin machine to AVOID Worldpay Zinc!

Thats outrageous! How can you get 18 months behind with payment and them not notice!!??

I ditched WorldPay Zinc last month, their card reader is rubbish, it never held a charge from day one, and finally gave up the ghost about 4 weeks ago. Nothing would get it working, no re-setting, nothing. It didn't even light up when put on charge, tried other chargers and all sorts. Rang them, they were totally disinterested, wanted to charge me for a new one, so I threatened to leave and go to PayPal Here. Again, totally uninterested, no effort to keep me as a customer, so I left.

Signed up with PayPal Here within the hour, card reader arrived next day, took my first payment less than 24 hours after initial conversation with WorldPay. So far I'm loving the PayPal system, I get the money same day (manual transfer but thats ok, its a couple of taps on the screen), had an initial issue with the reader but it was sorted with an immediate work around and software update the day after.

I though the exact same! The whole situation is a joke and they weren't remotely bothered that I wanted to cancel my account. A complete shambles! I have now signed up to a contactless machine with IZettle. Shocking customer service and nothing but complaints on their FB page x

Latest posts

Back