Worm Coffins..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
Hi..Ive just bought a worm coffin for my brush but darn and blast its like 1mm to small - so it now contains my back up brush....does any body else other than Creative/Designer nails do a single brush case/holder...

Dean wanted to saw the end off my brush :rolleyes: I was like no way jose, leave her alone :lol:

i use a toothbrush case for mine, from wilkinsons i think and under £1 :cool:

Fab Freak said:
Hi..Ive just bought a worm coffin for my brush but darn and blast its like 1mm to small - so it now contains my back up brush....does any body else other than Creative/Designer nails do a single brush case/holder...

Dean wanted to saw the end off my brush :rolleyes: I was like no way jose, leave her alone :lol:
Oh dear, Dean, you really do have a death wish ;). I've never heard of a worm coffin (lovely name though :)) but i'm assuming that a pencil box would also be too small. How about a knitting needle box?? That's the best i can come up with at short notice!

Carole - I think he does sometimes..lol

Will try all your ideas thanks ladies..

Hi Louise,

Just make sure the plastic container will not melt with the monomer LOL.

naturalnails said:
Hi Louise,

Just make sure the plastic container will not melt with the monomer LOL.

Thanks Fiona - will do.

My your brush must be really long if it doesn't fit into the worm coffin.

I can't work with a brush that long .. my boobs get in the way!!!

I have been known to shorten the handle of my brush if too long ... it gives me a better balance

What a luxury BIG BOOBS. Geeg you are both talented & gifted :)

geeg said:

I have been known to shorten the handle of my brush if too long ... it gives me a better balance
YOU HAVE MADE MY EVENING - I'm laughing my head off!! We should all have such problems, lol :)

Glad you said that Geeg, I thought I must be working incorrectly as mine used to get in the way too LOL.

geeg said:

I think you're both just boasting now!!!!! :lol:

Up till now wouldn't of had a clue to what a worm coffin is, you learn something new everyday...lol. I have to say i use plastic pippetts cut down as my worm coffins, so i can still store my brushes up right without damaging the brush.

Never had a problem with my boobs getting in the way, not enough there to worry about...lol.:D

talented talons said:
Up till now wouldn't of had a clue to what a worm coffin is, you learn something new everyday...lol. I have to say i use plastic pippetts cut down as my worm coffins, so i can still store my brushes up right without damaging the brush.

Never had a problem with my boobs getting in the way, not enough there to worry about...lol.:D

Do you not store your brush flat?

Well ladies, this thread has changed slightly...lol

Luckly I have average size bobbies and the brush size is only 1mm longer that the Pro Size Styler?!!

Will need a new brush soon anyway after all the traumas Birtha has suffered along the way...

PS Talented I am surprised you store your brushes like this I has taught to store them flat, if I remember well its to stop the ferrels ever being damaged as any monomer held in the bristles will draining back if stored this why?...

Fab Freak said:
Well ladies, this thread has changed slightly...lol

Luckly I have average size bobbies and the brush size is only 1mm longer that the Pro Size Styler?!!

Will need a new brush soon anyway after all the traumas Birtha has suffered along the way...

PS Talented I am surprised you store your brushes like this I has taught to store them flat, if I remember well its to stop the ferrels ever being damaged as any monomer held in the bristles will draining back if stored this why?...
Wendy (Talented Talons) and I store our brushes with the head downwards to stop any monomer flowing back into the ferrule and contaminating the brush. It was suggested by another master Creative technician so we took the advice!

Yes Caz is right, we were advised on doing this so as the brush is stored pointing down, you won't get the contamination from the ferrell getting flooded with old monomer.

I have a case that has little strips you can put brushes in to keep them this way, have to say its very handy.

:o Yikes I thought she meant up - how is this dont please let me in on the secret...

CND makes a plastic dropper to get monomer out of the container, get an extra one, cut the long part of about a centimeter from the bulb, and slip this over the bristles of your brush, the brush is not long enough to reach the ends, and is in the middle, so none of the dropper is touching it. Then the brush can be stored in any available drawer.

jacqui jefford gave me a soft, velvety watch case years and years ago and it has been fab for storing my brush!!she would never believe i still have it LOL

Latest posts

Back